Did I just make a mistake?

I finally decided on my first R C Plane, a Radian Pro.  Everything I have read about this model is good, but I just read an article that recommended at least a 7 channel TX for mixing.  I ordered a 6 channel Spektrum.  Have I made a mistake?  Should I try and change my order?  Help.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think I am going to keep the 6 channel, if I mount a camera I can piggyback on the rudder servo to move it.  Saw a guy doing just that on youtube.  My budget is tight, if I shell out for a 9 or 10 channel my budget is gone.  I am really excited to get this plane in the air, been flying the simulator now for about 3 months so hopefully I won't crash it if I am careful and don't get too cocky.  Anyway thanks and if anyone has any suggestions for a good camera and mounting location on the Radian Pro airframe please let me know.
  • It looks like that model will fly just fine with a 5+ channel radio...but... IMO, if you are really going to get serious in the hobby OR you can afford it it is best to buy the nicest radio you can afford now (as you will end up buying another in the near future once the demand requires it).

I fly 9 and 10 channel futaba radios but there are several other offerings by Hitech and others that are very comparable and affordable,

This reply was deleted.

Activity