Dirt-cheap throwaway cargo drone

Howdy,

I'm looking for a design (parts list, assembly diagrams & instructions) for a dirt-cheap DIY quadcopter or octocopter cargo drone. 

Because of the environmental conditions that it'll be facing, it's not expected to survive more than a few flights. I expect the drone to last a few weeks to a month at most.

It needs to carry a 5 kg cargo package of environmental sensors reliably from point A to point B and back under operator or software control in bad weather.

This is not a racing drone!  It's fine if it flies at only 35 km/hr for 20 minutes and has a range of only 5 km.

Because the drone has a short life, the design should use the cheapest parts available.

Any tips on design, parts and assembly diagrams and instructions will be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Jim

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I can't 3D print the motors, wiring harnesses, webcams, and digital/RF boards, therefore I need to find them cheaply. If we can't find inexpensive ready-to-use frames and arms, we may opt to 3D print the frame and the rotor arms. Eli, I appreciate your response. https://monkeyfarm.io/
    Monkey Farm
    Monkey Farm is an exciting management game series in which players need to help the monkey earn money and upgrade a new supermarket. Start harvesting…
  • The concept of using cheap materials to create a disposable cargo drone is definitely a unique idea and one that could have a lot of potential. I appreciate how you broke down the materials and costs in your article, making it easy for readers to understand the process and potential savings. It's great to see that a project like this can be done for under $100, making it accessible to those who may not have the funds for a more expensive drone. Your suggestion to use it for delivering medical supplies to remote areas is also an excellent idea and one that could truly make a difference in people's lives. On the contrary, I would like to share one useful source https://skillhub.com/product-manager-resume-writing-service that helped me to get the career opportunities I wanted. They are really great professionals.
    The Professional Product manager Resume Writing Service | Skillhub
    Are you searching for the greatest product manager resume writers? Our certified product manager resume writing service will provide you with 27/7 su…
  • I found your step-by-step instructions and accompanying photos to be incredibly helpful. I think what I appreciated most about your article was your emphasis on creating a drone that's not only functional but also affordable and accessible to people from all walks of life. The reason I decided on my answer here is that I always wanted to try it. Nevertheless, when I was younger I can't afford a drone. Later when I was in college I started interesting to it unfortunately I had a lack of time because of my studying. Luckily after some time, I came across https://top-papers.com/ which helped me to cope with my task.
    Top Papers: Professional Non Plagiarized Essay Writing Service
    Top-Papers.com provide professional custom writing service for all grades students. Our writers will deal with your assignment for you! Order plagiar…
  • It appears to be a philosophical examination of how social distance should be perceived. Nonetheless, the issue is also extremely intriguing. I'd like to say that writing about intriguing and relevant topics comes naturally to me. Whenever the project or subject is difficult, I use the professional nurse writing services https://www.nursingpaper.com/ . This is a tried-and-true service that consumers have utilized with excellent success on numerous occasions.
    Nursing Paper Writing Service | Top Quality | High Originality
    Need help with writing nursing papers? Now you have a chance to get high-grade content, 100% originality, and full confidentiality – all on our websi…
  • I am new here, but have you looked into 3d printing a drone or the drone parts?
    • The motors, wiring harnesses, webcams, and digital/RF boards are what I'm looking to source cheap, and they can't be 3D printed. The frame and rotor arms can be 3D printed and we might do that if we can't find cheap ready-to-go frames and arms. Thanks for your reply, Eli!
      • Depending on your time frame, you could look at Aliexpress. Takes a while to come here, but the prices are good.
        • Thanks. Are you struggling to start your essay about football and in need of some help? Thanks to a website called https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/football/ that I discovered while conducting online research, I was able to quickly create an essay about football. My essay stands out from the others.
          Free Essays on Football, Examples, Topics, Outlines - WritingUniverse
          Need some inspiration before writing Football essay? Explore 100% free Football essays, research paper examples and choose any topic you need.
This reply was deleted.

Activity