Replies

• New Release

UDB5 - PIC UAV Development Board v5

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11703?utm_source=SparkFun+Custome...

• I cannot build the MatrixPilot_3_2_1 project.

I had a lot more problems with MPLAB X so I am now working with MPLAB v8.85 and I have gotten further but it still wont build.

I have a PICkit 3 and a UDB4.  I have downloaded "mplabc30-v3_31-windows-installer.exe" and am going by the "UDB4 Quick START GUIDE.pdf" from this website http://code.google.com/p/gentlenav/downloads/list.  I have come to a problem on pg 10 step 8.  When I select Project>"Make" I get the "Couldn't locate build tool.  Check tool locations." message.  I don't know what tool it is looking for and this is my first time using MPLAB.  Here is the full error message.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Release build of project `C:\Users\Jebs laptop\Documents\JebsPICprj\MatrixPilot_3_2_1\MatrixPilot\MatrixPilot-udb4.mcp' started. Sat May 19 11:40:53 2012

Executing: cscript "C:\Users\Jebs laptop\Documents\JebsPICprj\MatrixPilot_3_2_1\MatrixPilot\..\libUDB\fixDeps.vbs" "C:\Users\Jebs laptop\Documents\JebsPICprj\MatrixPilot_3_2_1\MatrixPilot\options.h" "C:\Users\Jebs laptop\Documents\JebsPICprj\MatrixPilot_3_2_1\MatrixPilot\..\libUDB\fixDeps.h"

Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.8 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Couldn't locate build tool. Check tool locations.

Release build of project `C:\Users\Jebs laptop\Documents\JebsPICprj\MatrixPilot_3_2_1\MatrixPilot\MatrixPilot-udb4.mcp' failed. Sat May 19 11:40:54 2012

BUILD FAILED

Any help would be awesome.  I have 7 of the UDB4 boards and can't use them.

• Hello,

I am trying to setup a UDB4 for my electric A10 Warthog.  I have the new code downloaded, compiled and installed.  I have all the electronics including the radio and servos setting on my bench.  After powerup I get the double wag of the servo and I believe it's trying to get GPS lock, but since I'm inside it probably can't see the GPS satellites very well (if at all). 

My question is - will I be able to switch on stabilized mode and see the servos try to correct if there is no GPS lock?  As it sits right now, after the initial servo wag (after 10 seconds), the green LED is on, all the radio controls work the servos (through the UDB4), but if I switch on stabilize and move the UDB4 around I don't get any servo movement.  I'm hoping that it's just from the lack of GPS lock.

Any thoughts?  Thanks!

Mark

• Hi

I read the matrixpilot code, But I can't figure out what GGAIN is?

#define GGAIN SCALEGYRO*6*(RMAX*0.025)

and why multiplying it in 1 in 2.14 format RMAX

Thanks.

• Thanks pete

I am building QuadRotor, and i designed my own control algorithm so all i needed from the code is the DCM algorithm to get the roll, pitch, Yaw angles. I am reading this code

http://code.google.com/p/matrixpilotheli/downloads/detail?name=MP-Q...

I have the UAV V2.9 board with

• MMA7260 three axis accelerometer
    • 3 LISY300AL gyros  

I have sent for the new board i will receive it after while so for now i have to work with V2.9

i also need to ask if someone can tell if it is better to build my own kalman filter for the board or it is better to work with DCM.

• Hello

i don't understand the purpose of the filtering statement

xaccel.value = xaccel.value + (( (xaccel.input>>1) - (xaccel.value>>1) )>> FILTERSHIFT ) ;
            xrate.value = xrate.value + (( (xrate.input>>1) - (xrate.value>>1) )>> FILTERSHIFT ) ;
            yaccel.value = yaccel.value + (( ( yaccel.input>>1) - (yaccel.value>>1) )>> FILTERSHIFT ) ;
            yrate.value = yrate.value + (( (yrate.input>>1) - (yrate.value>>1) )>> FILTERSHIFT ) ;
            zaccel.value = zaccel.value + (( (zaccel.input>>1) - (zaccel.value>>1) )>> FILTERSHIFT ) ;
            zrate.value = zrate.value + ((( zrate.input>>1) - (zrate.value>>1) )>> FILTERSHIFT ) ;

and what is filtershift?

THaNKS

• Hi everyone,

I recently got a UDB4 and am trying to program it for the first time using a Pickit3. I have been following the "UAV DevBoard: Getting Started with PIC Programming" guide but have run into problems when trying to build..... First off I hadn't changed the #define in the options.h which was giving me a failed build. Now however I am getting the following error:

c:\program files\microchip\mplab c30\bin\bin\..\bin/pic30-coff-ld.exe: cannot find -legacy-libc Link step failed. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Release build of project `C:\Documents and Settings\Rich\Desktop\MatrixPilot_3_2_1\MatrixPilot\MatrixPilot-udb4.mcp' failed. Language tool versions: pic30-as.exe v3.31, pic30-gcc.exe v3.31, pic30-ld.exe v3.31, pic30-ar.exe v3.31 Thu Jan 19 10:05:00 2012 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- BUILD FAILED

Any recomendations? 

Thanks in advance for any help!

• Im interested in the UAVDevBoard solely for a camera tracker. Im running a full autopilot on a helicopter and I would like to use the UAVDevBoard as a stand alone unit to track. Can anyone tell me what I'll need to implement it?

Thanks,

matt

• Developer

@Dave, Hi. Yes, I had that problem once.In MPLAB under "Configure / Select Device", select "dsPIC33FJ256GP710A". Be careful to select the right one ! .
    It will then load the correct libraries for the UDB4.

Best wishes, Pete

http://once.In/
  • I just ordered a udb4 board. I've installed mplab along with the c30 compiler evaluatation version on two differents computers. When I try to compile the matrixpilotV3.2 for udb4 I get the same error on both computers :

"../libDCM/../libUDB/libUDB_defines.h:60:22: error: p30f4011.h: No such file or directory"

I have tried to manually include the p30f4011.h file to the project, no success ?

Has anyone experience this problem ?

This reply was deleted.

Activity