Ok guys, with all the people waiting on APM2 and all the exciting new alpha and beta releases of APM firmware coming, I think many people are starting to chomp at their bits, a little.  

To that end, I've opened up this discussion for all those with complaints.  As I've joined the Dev Team, and not at a productive stage yet, I'll monitor this discussion, and relay things to the others on the Dev Team.

These could be both hardware or software, or just general rants and raves!

Hope everyone takes advantage of this!  Maybe we'll all learn some things in the process.

Just wanted to add this response from Chris Anderson:

Please just contact sales@3drobotics.com and inquire about the status of your order. They are not necessarily shipped in order. For example, the unsoldered ones are shipped first, because they're faster to put together. Then soldered with GPS, then soldered without GPS (or maybe those two in reverse order, I can't remember). There are approximately 50 going out each day and the team tells me that the backlog should be over by Mon/Tues of next week. 

I agree, please use this discussion for Rants and Raves.  Order issues should be directed to 3DR directly.  I think you will get better response there.

Views: 13903

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I totally agree with the search, as well as the too many places to post.

For the replies not inline, I kinda like the way that discussions can grow organically. If someone starts branching out a conversation, the replies relevant to that discussion are nested underneath. That is, if people are conscientious about where and how they click on the reply link... If it were used properly, it could be much better than a slew of inline replies that may be covering several conversations.

There's a perfect example.. Gareth has posted a reply under Robert's comment, but he's started it with @Ellison, responding to a completely different conversation nested above.

You mean if people don't do what Gareth just did?  @Gareth ;) 

Don, I'd be better with the tree structure maybe if the thread were presented as a tree just like back in the old days.  Or if there was an easy to use button "show me all the replies since last time I looked".  The only way to track things now is to "follow" the thread.  And in a big thread, it can get unmanageable anyway.

LOL exactly, we must have been writing the same thing at the same time. A tree structure would make it more visual. People might be less inclined to read something, and just mash on the last reply link at the bottom of a page that contains 2 or 3 different discussions.

Yeah, I find the "threading" confusing to.  Especially, when a e-mail notification comes in and the reply was under my comment, but I have to hunt around to find it.  And I never use @ and # here since it's not parsed, so there's no point.

Yeah... I just use @ because everybody is, and it's an easy way to clarify who you're talking too.  It's most useful in Blog post replies since there is no actual reply indenting.  I've never in my life used Twitter, so it's not that all.  It's just handy in this case.

My bad :p

Search definitely needs improving... everytime I need to search this site I use google with "site:.diydrones.com "

Well, google's got billions of dollars of capital. Chris has children to feed. ;-)

Tru dat!

That's why I'm pointing out something that needs to be improved... Chris doesn't have all the money google have to spend on QA, and also providing a workaround while it's not improved.

Implementing a simple search that works on a small database is a lot easier than an autopilot by many orders of magnitude. If diydrones needs help with that, let me know because I can help.

Hey Gareth, tell me more about this "over unity" power generation.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service