DJI S800 query

Hi All

I am looking at using the rctimer speed controllers on a custom UAV(ie. controllers on the arms). I need to know if there are any objections to this method and also as per the schematic as to why the board from rctimer has 4 inputs?

Im guessing its VCC, GND, GND, SIGNAL?

http://www.rctimer.com/product_844.html

A PWM would use two logic lines and the the other two will belong to the power line?

Thanks

arm.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Guys 

Purchased the RC timer ESC's: Did some labeling below:

Now to build them into my cool design.....:)

3701690846?profile=original

• Anyone have feedback on Paras claim?

• Hi

Thanks for the reply regarding the ESC wire looms, I figure i would cut one up at 2OUSD :).

I plan to use these specific ESCs for a quad im building since these save space and mass. 

Regarding the 24 pole config, RCTIMER specify 4114-350KV in their package which is 24N22P.

Can you clarify as this is 22 pole?

Can i flash new firmware on these if there is a hardware limitation on the ESCs.(ie. hardware switching characteristics?)

• The RcTimer "round" ESC is a cheaper replacement for DJIs S800 ones, and as such it has connection for the four wires found in the original arm structure, which indeed are VCC, GND, GND, SIGNAL.

What they didn't take into account is the trouble SimonK'd ESCs have with pancake motors with 24 coils, such as the original DJI S800 motors, so it's value as a replacement is zero.

If your project uses regular 12-coil (14 poles mostly) outrunners, you'll be fine. Otherwise, aim for a SiLabs-powered BLHeli compatible ESC, or the ESC32.

This reply was deleted.

Activity