Do I need to purchase 3DR Radio Set ?

Hi,

I am very new to this forum and 3DR systems. 

I have ordered 3DR DIY Quad Kit, LiveView™ Kit for GoPro and Tarot T-2D Brushless Gimbal Kit yesterday.

First question:

I think there should be 3DR Radio Set included in one of the kits, but I can't find it. Should I order one seperately? 

Second question:

I have ordered GoPro Hero3, Futaba 14SG and some batteries. Is there anything that I should purchase, except tools? I have driver sets, soldering kit, something like that, and I think I can assemble the kits without many problem. But I am not sure that the 3 kits are enough for assembling my second quad-copter. 

Any suggestion will help me a lot. 

Thanks in advance and sorry for no good English.

Min

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The 3DR Radio is not required but it's better and easier if you have one for step like calibrating compass, you will not trouble by USB cable and when you use you quad you can generate tlog by 3DR radio to analyse your flight.

And for your tools I think you have all what you need to build your drone.

have nice fun and welcome to the community.

Laurent - altidrone.ch

• Thanks for good information. I think the Radio should be included in the Kit by default.

• 3D Robotics

No, the radios are not included in that kit (they come standard in the IRIS+, but not with the DIY Quad kit). You can purchase them separately here

• Thanks a lot.

This reply was deleted.

Activity