Just before sunset, new ixus 100s camera, ardupilot + other stuff, sh*t, f*ck and so on.

Goldberg Electra + tsunami 10/15 + Rhino/Zippy 3700mAh Lipo (!)

Maybe too windy, it takes fine 1st turnpoint upwind, but next downwind TP, i think last and then landing,

it only circles further and further and I was too hopeful to it turn back (hard to see).

Ok, I have My  Business Card wit it, little hope maybe.

I'm so Pissed Off!!!

My own fault.

One strange successfull but wierd flight couple of days  before (Friend's Taxmeet gps logger):

http://www.traxmeet.com/traxmeet/showperformance.jsp?performanceid=...

slight wind.

Target heights quite high, 50, 100, 150, 200, 150, 50, but it succeeded.

More beer, I can't stand any more.

Attachments Succesfull Flight info

Views: 632

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Its closer than you think. Load some music on your MP3 player and enjoy some country walks.

Good luck.

Darkest before the dawn. Remember your being a pioneer here!
Sorry for your loss! Gary is right, though- we're riding the bleeding edge of amateur UAS. Have your beer and chalk it up to experience! Just try not to make the same mistake twice ;)
Thanks, I try to learn, and play some Evanascence and Metallica.
I noticed, that I had 1'st order of Equipments 1 month and 4 days a go,
quick success, quick defeat!
Ok, Airframe, motor, Battery already, and even FS8 equipments, and some own UAV BS2 Code ( Mechanical Idea, but not constructed),
have to go sleep, zzzz
You will find it, don't loose heart.
Hi Tero,

I hope you find it. You need to have your gain values tuned well to succeed in wind. You can get away with sloppy gain tuning when it is calm, but as you have seen it will be insufficient with significant wind.

When you find it and try again take smaller steps and be prepared to take manual control. I encourage you to use an on board logger or telemetry so you can capture data from your flights and make incremental improvements till it is really good. Don't give up!
I am sorry for your loss :( Don't you have the last lat/lon ? I record data on my Ardustation moded with an sd card, so I always have the last pos in hand if the plane is lost. We need a crash locator beacon (beeper)
some free flight guys use falconry rf tracking tags with rf locater, some have over 25 mile range about $600 for set up
Put this in another (UAV) plane with FPV showing tracker screen , and search whole possible area ;)
Hmm...

Usually I had Lipo beeper connected, but not yesterday :-(
And downwind there is large swamp and forest as far as possible.
And night was very rainy, of course.
Now, afterwards I think the main reason to lose that plane was simply too strong wind in heights about 75 meters.
Maybe 50 meters and above wind speed jumped near or even over my plane cruise speed (about 6 m/s) .
After that plane "thinks" that it's always going away from next TP, and then desperately tries to turn other direction and makes things even worse?!

Before I thought that it tries to aim towards next TP least slowly,
but it's not so, if windspeed >=cruisespeed.

RTL wouldn't help either (I haven't that switch choice).
Bummer!
Have you tried to fly over and photograph area with glider tow plane? It may be possible to find your GentleLady UAS still. Please invest in a xbee Pro Telemetry or OSD when flight test range is a Swamp, Forrest, Mountains or Ocean, I really miss the Mohave desert. I drove 10 minutes to wide open space, I flew RC gliders & Estes Rockets there during the 80 & 90s.
I was a flight test planner at Edwards AFB at the time. I did loose some small two stage rockets, would loose site of them above 1000' AGL with 10' streamer recovery.
Your GentleLady's white wings should be very visible from air, go find your plane!
Good Luck!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service