Hey guys,

Just wanted to introduce a new drone with 1 hour flight time: https://turncircles.com/products/drones-quadcopter-TC411

Views: 24809

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Luc,

That's great results!
So, do you have a plug'n play interface for payloads?

Yes, you can change the gimbal in just 1 minute , or put anything else you want very quickly .

Any achievements with regard to flight time is welcome. However, why do not you use 18650GA (3500mah) instead of 18650B (3400mah). In addition, we would probably see a 3800mah 18650 battery early next year!

@Luc, that's fantastic!!

@Johnatan, we've tried the GAs but it didn't make much difference in terms of flight time. Maybe because they are 2 grams heavier per cell and the capacity doesn't pay off or because of our configuration...

3800mAh sounds super interesting though! Any cell in 18650 size can be implemented w/o any change.

To anyone who's considering this: Please don't fall for this.

The NCR18650B batteries are NOT enough to get 1 hour battery life, I've tried! Especially not with 1.8kg of weight...

Alos, 22V is impossible to achieve exactly with the voltage level of the NCR18650B cells......

You'll have to excuse my skepticism after your guys' last project which looked suspiciously like a senseFLY ebee. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/745804289/smartplane/

Sure I understand Andy. A lot of people seem sceptical. I'm hoping to enlighten this in the next weeks. Stay tuned...

*sigh* It's a losing semantic battle I guess, but there's a bunch of fixed wing foamies which, equipped with an autopilot and beefy off the shelf batteries, become drones capable of 1 hour+ flights, with heavier payloads and significantly lower cost.

True that... Though all different type of vehicles are suitable for different applications...

...and as soon as these fixed-wing airframes become VTOL, the dedicated multirotor is going to be pushed into an increasingly smaller segment of the marketplace.

The part is a joke, the discussion is superfluous

I do not think so because multirotors have some advantage if you consider payload vs size of aircraft .

Multirotors are much more easier to pilot because they do not fly they rather translate in the air and they can fly better with wind.

When a quad flies 50 minutes with 250 grams of payload it covers a lot of needs so the fixed wing become the right choice only if you need more flightime

So for a lot of applications the multirotor will continue to be a winning solution.

Andrew Rabbitt said:

...and as soon as these fixed-wing airframes become VTOL, the dedicated multirotor is going to be pushed into an increasingly smaller segment of the marketplace.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service