Do any members still use the DroneDeploy Co-Pilot with Iris+? I see it has been unavailable to purchase new for sometime now. So is DroneDeploy's focus purely DJI customers these days?Although their service looks to be too good to be true, I have resisted purchasing any DJI products, so I am yet to experience their software.I am well aware that from the early days, DroneDeploy focused on Pixhawk based drones by utilising the Co-Pilot, but can this still be integrated with Pixhawk based drones today? AgEagle are one company that still offer their drone as a package utilising DroneDeploy and I am pretty sure they use Pixhawk?Your comments will be gratefully received.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

I don't know if it's supported, but I actually have  drone deploy co-pilot hardware.  In fact I have two versions, their original Raspberry Pi version and a smaller one, which I think was based on one of the Qualcomm SBC's.

• it's just a low precision, high GSD, solution for hobbyists and amateurs. Easy to get started with pricing and GSD not compatible with bigger serious projects.  

"propeller" is an better alternative in that segment.

• Hi Andre,

Out of interest, what GSD is low precision? If you go for one of our higher tier plans you can get sub 1cm/px GSD. See dronedeploy.com/index.html#pricing for more info.

Best,

Jono

• that's right - but look at the price.  :)

• Sorry, ignore the last reply, I have found Propeller from down under. It is not exactly the same as DroneDeploy from what I see, more of a post flight processing service from your uploads? Also, unless I am mistaken there is no "App" to allow real time processing?
    • Thanks for the reply Andre. Excuse my ignorance but what is "propeller"? I did a quick search but cannot find any info on this as a solution for mapping? Thanks.
This reply was deleted.

Activity