100KM

Electric Replacement for Mini Mugin 2.6m?

Hi all

I'm about to take the plunge on a Mini Mugin 2.6m from FPVModel. I really prefer it to be electric, so I need some suggestions what to replace the motor with.

It comes with a DLE30 motor swinging a 19" prop. The factory (after my insistence that it should be electric) suggests:

Battery: 2W 6-8S
Motor: 6350 kv 380
ESC: 80-100A
propeller: 20X10

I was thinking a HobbyKing Rotomax 1.4 which is rated 2.7 Watt and 228kv.

Any wisdom much appreciated.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 100KM

I'm using an E-Flite Power 160. Initially I had an EMax, which I'll never support again - magnets came off in flight repeatedly and after sales service is non existing.

It's done many, many flights since. Going strong.

3702057272?profile=original3702057349?profile=original

• Great :-D How many cameras/sensors you can fit in it and how log is the flight with current power setup?  

• 100KM

I've had 3 cameras onboard once, with just one I get just about 2 hours.

• Three is more than enough. With 2 hours flight at 300m alt. may be can cover up to 600ha. area in one mission.   

• 100KM

600ha is exactly right! That's what I can achieve at 100m at 80kph.

• If at 100m alt. and your cameras is 20MP or high quality capability that's really impressive output can be achived (Orthophoto & DSM). If you can have a test with advance sensors like NRGB cameras (like satellite sensor) also lidar sensor would be very very good. At the moment I only use canon s100 cameras but looking forward to test other sensors in future when I have budget for it. :-D      

• 100KM

Did my maiden!

• Nice. its same size as 60" rc plane.

This reply was deleted.

Activity

gotham liked gotham's profile
yesterday
Hiroki Tanaka liked Hiroki Tanaka's profile
Oct 13
Derrick Davies liked lisa TDrones's profile
Sep 23
More…