ESC Calibration!! Badly need HELP!

Hello guys,

I am trying to get my Arducopter up in the air, but it seems to get more complex than I thought. 

I followed all the instructions to build and calibrate it as on the google wiki. However I am facing great trouble getting the ESC calibrated. I setup the radio just fine. Then go onto calibrate the ESC and it gives me the first two beeps. Then when I lower the throttle on my radio it does not give me the final beep. My battery is connected and so is the four wire connector to APM. I have a feeling there is something wrong with the ESC. I have been unable to get my motors spinning. Please advise!

Ammar

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Confirmed I went back to a older revision(.40) and my ESC's arm properly, using the latest firmware does not arm my ESC's

Help!

• Yes you most certainly can hope for one. I think it should be out fairly soon. I know for a fact Neato uses one, but they just dont sell their range finders. If nothing there will be plenty of stereo camera based depth sensors

Try a manual calibration of your ESCs. Unplug any ESC from the PDB; disconnect power. remove any props.

Plug the ESC into channel three of the receiver. Raise the throttle to max, and apply power to the ESC in use (only). Wait for it to make noise, twice, then lower the throttle. Repeat for each ESC.

As for motor spinning, do you know all the commands to arm/autotrim/relevel/disarm your motors?

If not, then you will want to become acquainted with these tx-based commands.

• Also I use the 'motors' command in setup and my CLI does not give me any response. I saw from Jani's Youtube video, that it should at least say 'Press Enter to cancel'.... I got this to appear in radio calibration however.. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity