Good morning,

APM 2.6, 3DR external ublox compass.  just sitting on bench right now, new.  The compass calibrations goes well with results well within -150 to 150.  after calibration, I switch to flight data screen and heading remains North.  I understand this is the default for the imu's.  The heading does not change when external compass is rotated.  I also have bad compass health on all my autopilots and compass combinations.  all 5 of them are 3DR purchased in the last year.  I have got to be missing something here.  Thank you.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• update:  terminal -test-compass shows correct headings and responds as expected to yaw. still "bad compass health" and no rtl, or waypoint flight. 

• A manual reset cured all the problems with the compass. I performed a complete calibration including compassmot in terminal setup. Power interference is 5% and offsets are all under 20. I had a good compass, it just wasn't able to communicate with the APM and got rejected. Whatever corrupted files were present got wiped clean in the reset and reloading. 24 hours over 5 days of research and troubleshooting. 3dr tech service has yet to email me back.
      • 3days into tech service at 3dr, 1 email a day from them. The latest was a suggestion that I try live calibration.....are you kidding me? I had planned to spend $25K with them this year, now I am exploring options. Hey, anyone reading this know the owner? Have him email me so we can have a chat.
This reply was deleted.

Activity