We're moving to a new documentation platform and this is your opportunity to give us feedback and help. There has been a huge amount of work going on behind the scenes on these over the past three months, including the 30 volunteers working within the Documentation User Group. It's now time to include the full community.

You can see a glimpse of the team's work in the betas of the new ArduPlaneArduCopter and ArduRover sites. Click on the "Instructions" tab to see what the new manuals will look like. 

Right now most of the work has been in creating new graphics and design elements to make the manuals easier to read and use, with some work on simplifying and updating the content. But because they're based on a Wiki-plugin for WordPress, it's also a much more powerful and flexible collaboration environment than the current Google Code wiki for community participation, and we can now take this opportunity to update and improve every page of the manual. 

Just a reminder that these sites are still in beta, and we won't be steering users to them until the documentation team has had an opportunity to scrub every page. We'll continue to maintain the Google Code wikis for legacy purposes, but the new sites are designed to reflect the model we'll be moving to in the future. 

Please give us feedback in this thread. If you'd like to participate, please join the Documentation User Group linked above. 

Views: 6409

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree, Hazy. That work won't be discarded for sure.

Hi Hazy! Great to see you here. We'll make sure to find a way to incorporate your translations. Please give Josh a week or so to figure it out. 

Hazy,
老板说些什么

It will be greatly appreciated. Hope to the release of new manual soon.

你会中文?

Google translate says: "You will chinese"

Is that what you said?

Nope, what I said was "Can you speak Chinese?"

I can not speak Chinese, and neither can Google apparently... This is proof that we should not rely on a plugin for the manuals!
The first Chinese phrase I posted was supposed to say:
"What the boss said". Referring to Chris' statement about me figuring out how to integrate the translations. Did that make sense?

It is a question "What the boss said?". But I guess you was not tring to ask me about what Chris said. If you mean "Whatever the boss said", then the translation should be "老板说什么就是什么".

Machine translation is a hard problem. Some of my colleages have been working many years on this task, but I think it is not appropriate to show machine generated manuals without verification.

Thanks Hazy,
You are absolutely right. We are fortunate that people have put in so much effort to translate this information!

I second that.

After all these pages, something useful....

There has been stacks of pictures posted, and vidclips, that might be considered as instructional, or useful.

Some kind of repository for them?

And a bunch of us still fly APM1.

I realize all too well it cannot be supported forever, but at the end of it's life, a final, updated, wiki on it, including all hardware/firmware  updates will be much appreciated :-)

Tongue in cheek, there has been much too much "droning" on and on about safety, next all ovens will have to come out with big red stickers "Warning, food coming out of this device will be HOT"

Or on microwaves "Not suitable for drying your pet rat after washing"

Yes, some people are too stupid to own or operate ANYTHING that has sharp and fast moving parts, why are they now suddenly going to be clever enough to heed ANY warning label?

Or even understand it?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service