Few questions more

Hello again.

I've started to think this. Is it really worth of it? Yes, I'm really interested in UAVs, Different kind RC airplanes and so on, but what if this goes over? That I lose my interest to these after I have spent some money? I would have some fun at the summer, but what if I lose my interest? So I'm asking if this is really worth of everything, because I have to choose between two things, between the new computer what I could need too, and these. I only have money for one. Yes, I may sound a little "childish" but I just want to be sure about this and be sure that this interest will stay. And now, the final question, what do I get from this? This is fun, yes, but anything other? More knowledge? But if I'm going to take this more seriously, I have some questions about other things. First of all, if I'm going to take this seriously, I should also get some knowledge from UAVs and so on, thats what I'm getting into more. And now we get to ArduPilot whats going to be on my shopping list too. First I think I have no laptop in my use, so how will I survive without it at fields (I have a desktop computer of course)? What is wireless telemetry used to? To have a signal to the ArduStation? Anyway, I think I will take this more seriously, I'm always too skeptical with everything, thats why I'm asking a lot questions to get rid of misgivings.

Thanks.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

I'm with Chris, make this summer the summer of learning to fly model aircraft. Its a hobby on its own you know.

Too many people are trying to fly UAS with no stick time, all the autopilots around are great but none of them will fly a badly set up airframe. Some will have a go at it.

If you learn to fly first you will not send an aircraft to the sky all out of shape.

Flying Model Simulator, a SPAD airframe made out of things you find lying around, estate agent signs and pizza boxes can fly.

In everything in life you have to serve your apprenticeship. People might be able to throw lots of money at a problem but nuts and bolts learning always counts.

Take this chap....

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstories/Mystery-as-20k-39spy39...

Now he had the money but lacked the skills.

If you find a local model flying club people will be more than happy to help you and you never know you might get some gear cheap.

The important thing is starting!

Oh make one of these and chuck it off a slope http://www.mugi.co.uk

Good luck, keep reading, keep learning and there is no such thing as a dumb question.
  • 3D Robotics
    One step at a time. Get the plane first, like the Dynam HawkSky, and if nothing else you'll learn to fly and have fun.
This reply was deleted.

Activity