Flight modes without gps

I recently posted that my quad was acting strangely in simple mode.Basically it wold move left and right on commands from the radio but reversed backwards and forwards.I forgot to mention that I was not using a gps.Not sure that this matters.1. What modes require a gps?2. Does anything need to be done in setup if one does not use a gps?3. Why are my backwards and forwards reversed.4. This just occurred to me! Where should the dip switches be set? (I used this amp on a fixed wing before)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer
    1Only navigation requires a GPS.
    2 no
    3 do the radio test. The lower right (pitch back, roll right) should both equal around 4500.
    4 Dip switches are history...
  • Does it fly like that in stabilize mode too? ACM does not use the dip switches for anything I think. Perhaps you need to reverse your pitch channel in your transmitter?
    Also, check if your compass gives you reasonable headings when you test it with it mounted as closely as possible to the actual flight configuration (placement). The eventual yaw gyro drift would otherwise be another headache if the compass isn't reliable.
This reply was deleted.

Activity