Hey everyone, new to the forum. I am a ME/AE at the University of Florida doing a project on building a UAV for wildfire surveillance.

We need an infrared camera and the only options that I have found so far is the Flir Tau series. The max resolution for the Flir Tau is 320x240. We are looking for a camera with a resolution of 640x480. The only camera from Flir is the Photon 640, which is about 2.5 times the weight, and 8x the volume.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any other IR cameras with similar weight and volume similar to the Flir Tau? (~100 grams, 1.2"x1.2"x1.4")

Thanks all. Great forum BTW, very helpful for my project.

Views: 34071

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Exactly.
My Mum has always said "No price means its so ridiculous you shouldn't waste your time looking".
Hi All,

Thanks for you interest our products and prices, as you are all aware are very sensitive in this field so we will not publish them in the public domain.

We would be pleased to send you a personal quotation under strict confidentiality if you require.

Sorry but it is a tough old commercial World out there.
Derryl,
could you send me quote for the smallest ( read cheapest) model pls. Obviously it is for the Diydrone project.Tnx
Likewise, could you send me a quote for ERAU.
Hi Mike,

Happy to offer you a quotation but not on a web site. Commercial concerns rule and we require strict confidentiality.

Please contact us through our web site
Is that the Sopfradir lens?
Hey guys...

I know this is a older thread but just in case anyone is looking... I'm selling a FLIR Tau 320 19mm (fast video) with everything you need including full VPC module.

Just in case someone was looking.... This was going to be used for youth UAV program for crop surveying but now need funds for program.

If anyone is interested the link is here...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321159349379?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&...

Let me know if you have any questions.

The FLIR Tau cameras are available in 320x256 and 640x512 resolutions. The mechanical, electrical, and software interfaces are exactly the same between all Tau cameras. Refer to http://www.flir.com/cvs/cores/view/?id=54717

If you need more information, contact me at stan.laband@flir.com

sold??

Hi Darryl,

Thanks for coming forward and offering your product. I for one appreciate it, the web can be a big place to search and it helps a lot that suppliers come to a focal point like this forum, even though its a small market.

Can you verify that the Premier product is comparable in price to the FLIR brand please?Or is that still to sensitive to divulge?

I am stuck between replacing a TAU2 (i think its a 336 which is on loan) with the same thing or getting better resolution but am not sure if it is worth it.

(I dont have it in my possession at the moment to get details on what lens in on it now)

So many lens choices and cores to pick from!

My point of view is usually less than 400 ft elevation and usually in bad weather conditions (rain +wind) so a wider angle may be preferable? Image stabilization via a roll gimbal is used but its horrible and have to keep switching between the vision camera to the IR. Will need both roll and pitch in future.

On that note, is there a lens cover that I can seal from weather available?

I am not afraid to build a unit from the core(board level) up.

The hole needs to be filled with something:)

Regards,

Paul

We not only manufacture a small core but we have a r\Radiometric small core. Anyone can put a Go Pro or and Infrared imager on a Drone or micro UAV but not a fuly Radiometric obe. We have a complete UAV Package wit Autopilot etc.. Gary Strahan gary@ici1.com or look at www.infraredcameras inc.com and call 713-859-3599

We not only manufacture a small core but we have a r\Radiometric small core. Anyone can put a Go Pro or and Infrared imager on a Drone or micro UAV but not a fuly Radiometric obe. We have a complete UAV Package wit Autopilot etc.. Gary Strahan gary@ici1.com or look at www.infraredcameras inc.com and call 713-859-3599

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service