Hey everyone, new to the forum. I am a ME/AE at the University of Florida doing a project on building a UAV for wildfire surveillance.

We need an infrared camera and the only options that I have found so far is the Flir Tau series. The max resolution for the Flir Tau is 320x240. We are looking for a camera with a resolution of 640x480. The only camera from Flir is the Photon 640, which is about 2.5 times the weight, and 8x the volume.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any other IR cameras with similar weight and volume similar to the Flir Tau? (~100 grams, 1.2"x1.2"x1.4")

Thanks all. Great forum BTW, very helpful for my project.

Views: 34071

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's unfortunate it was advertised as "professional".

@Gary - This video contains some sample Thermal Images from the SEEK Camera.

Just became aware of this company who invited me to a sales meeting last week. IRCameras Their Tamarisk line accepts various focal length lenses, on par with the Tau in terms of resolution and performance. 

www.infraredcamerasinc.com has a back end board that makes the cameras USB and allows it to be calibrated. Like the Flir Tau 2 the Tamerisk by DRS is analog or Camera Link. Camera link is useless for digital information on a Drone. Our USB Board for the Tau 2 or the DRS Tamerisk allows the cameras to become Digital for doing true Aerial Thermography from a UAV. This allows customers to do Complete, Fully Radiometric mosaics.

I have 38x38mm extension board  for Tamarisk320 (mounted on camera), it includes  :

- USB interface supports 60Hz frame rate and programming interface,

- 3 button  keyboard port . with 4th button  power switch ( extensive  menu control)

- color OLED micro display  port ( with a menu to select different camera parameters - i.e. Colorization with multiple LUT , cross hair , etc)

- Li-ion battery port,   charging battery through USB port

- total power 0.9 W

Next version of the same board will include JPEG  video compression with motion detection and  recording to SD card.

Can build board  per order.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service