Flying with joystick i possible or not ?

Hi all,

I have try to use the joystick to control  my APM 1.4 (2.28)  the joystick work fine in simulation in Xplane but if i try to use on real i have several Issue :

1) the joystick center is not the same of the 0 radio center so when the joystick is enable the the varius command are not to 0 (center ) .

2) when I use the joystick the servo movment is less sensitive than the radio  the radio I use is a PCM with 1024 )

I have calibrated the radio, than with the radio off i have calibrated the joystick previus in windows and then in APM Planner .

when i turn on the radio the joystick loose is initial setting .

were i mistake  ?

best regards

Alex

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Alessandro, have a look at the solution from this discussion(Page11):

http://www.diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/flying-with-joystick?commen...

The problem we discovered was the fact that the Xbee and APC220 are all single duplex communication, meaning that you can only either transmit or received, but not simultaneously.  The result is that mavlink packets from the APM are starving out the packets sent from the PC to the APM.  The solution was to set up a link where two pairs of modems are used, one for transmit, and one for receive.  Not an idea solution, unless a cheap full duplex wireless modem can be found.

• How would I set up a control of a pan and tilt camera with a USB game joystick. My plan is to use servo put 5 and 6 on the APM 1.0 to control the pan and tilt. I don't want the pan and tilt to use the RC receiver. Any help with this would be great. Michael Oborne.

• Developer

the joystick uses the trim value you had during calibration, so i would asume that is wrong.

This reply was deleted.

Activity