I am on little tight budget, want to get one cheap transmitter and receiver with my pixhawk flight controller. I was thinking to buy this:

Flysky FS-i6 6-channel 2.4 GHz AFHDS transmitter and iA6 receiver radio system.

link:

http://www.amazon.com/Flysky-Transmitter-Receiver-System-Quadcopter/dp/B010FJM17A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1457375121&sr=8-3&keywords=FlySky+FS-i6+2.4G+6CH+AFHDS

Is this a PPM transmitter? Can this be compatiable with Pixhawk flight controller?

Any help will really be appreciated.. 

Regards,

Durgesh

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Doug

Not sure if you've received an answer for this yet as I had the exact same query.

I've got the same hardware and managed to get it working today.

Just to confirm:'

When you say that you've "turned on the PPM Output", i assume you're referring

to the setting on your Tx/Rx.

If you've got everything right and you've followed the preceding steps:

- Installed FC firmware

- Followed the steps in the Mission Planner Wizard.

For some reason, the receiver doesn't react during this wizard. You can exit this wizard

however and locate the "Radio Calibration" under the ">>Mandatory Hardware" whilst

connected to the FC via USB.

In this menu, the green bars should now react to input from your Tx/Rx.

If not, try standard troubleshooting procedures,

i.e: Reset Mission Planner, Flight Controller, etc.

Hope this helps.

•  This will work fine. I use this transmitter with my pixhawk and it works fine. Yes it's PPM. If you use it, the PPM is off by default, but switching ppm on is simple and the PPM out is channel  1 on the receiver.
    Also, if you're feeling brave, you can find an online custom firmware upgrade for this tx that will allow it to use 10 channels rather than the out of the box 6.

I run it with the IA-10 receiver and the firmware hack and have use of 10 channels.

It has pretty much all the setting you'd find on the more expensive brand name receivers and is, as I understand, the same as the turnigy 6 channel. It's a pretty good solid little tx for those of us on a tighter budget.

This reply was deleted.

Activity