Developer

FTDI cable and ArduIMU+ (non flat) error (SOLVED)

I tried all the eight debugging steps, but the error persists.

My arduino board works perfectly with the latest FTDI drive, but with DIY FTDI cable I have this error:

3690830183?profile=original

So I will try to use an Usbasp AVR programmer to replace the bootloader with AVRDude.
It will require a "path-board" between programer and ArduIMU, because the pins order is different. But the worse part is the pin "D10"... what is it funcion?

On AVR programer I have this pins:

MOSI
VCC
RST
SCK
MISO
GND

On the ArduIMU+ there is:

GND
VCC
SCK
MISO
MOSI
D10     <---- ( what is this??? Is it mandatory for the connection with ArduIMU+?)
RST

Last question: Is the bootloader exactly the same that Arduino 328?

My spine is freezing... but I don't see another way to go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Added:

SOLVED

It was solved by doing this steps over an AVR programmer.
(Is VERY important that you do the first step and check the result)

1 - Erasing the chip (make sure that "lock fuses" are changed to FF);
2 - Setting the other fuses by this way:

low_fuses = 0xFF (bits 11111111)
high_fuses = 0xDA (bits 11011010)
extended_fuses = 0x05 (bits xxxxx101, because only the three last bits are changeable) ;

3 - Recording the "ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega328.hex".

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

OK!!! It's working now!!!

I tested the mix chip through a code that I sent to ARDUIMU+ with the AVR Programmer:
    The code received and sent data over FTDI cable. It commuted the serial data flux on MIX chip by D2 output with a pre-programmed delay time. OK! Nothing is wrong with the board.

So... I cheked all again in avrdude ans saw some inconsistent data. I did run all the setup again: erasing all the chip, setting the fuses and recording the bootloader. OK!!! It's finally working.

I noticed that at the fist atempt the "lock fuses" wasn't changed. The value wasn't "FF" but "CF". Other thing that happens: the first program that I used (eXtreme burner) recorded weird bits on the extended fuses by the input value "0xDF" instead "0x05". Man... I'm so very... very... happy now!!! :D

Thanks for all the friends that helped me here! I'm very grateful.

• Developer
    Really better, but... :(

• Developer
    I burned the bootloader with the AVR Programmer, but it wasn't the problem. The red error output wasn't solved.

If anyone have the USBasp programmer and want to burn bootloader using the Arduino IDE. All you need to do is add this lines on the end of file [ \hardware\programmers.txt ]:

usbasp.name=USBasp
    usbasp.protocol=usbasp

For now... I'm compiling my sketch on Arduino IDE and sending the hex to ArduIMU with the AVR programmer.

The FTDI cable isn't working for send code. It's working only for debugging the ArduIMU serial prints (serial monitoring on Arduino IDE or ArduIMU demo). I'm suspecting that the latest FTDI driver isn't working perfectly with the cable.
  • 3D Robotics
    I'm not sure I understand. You're using the DIY Drones FTDI cable, right? The bootloader is exactly the same as the one on any Arduino (or ArduPilot). But if you're going to replace the booloader with and AVR programmer, the ISCP header is also totally standard. Just like any Arduino board.
  • D10 acumula slave-select. se não tiver mais nada no barramento, jumpeia.
    esr
This reply was deleted.

Activity