Hi All

So I am yet to get my new wing in the air because it has been too windy (the dread of us all!). So I have been working on the camera trigger setup.

I have a Pixhawk with the latest firmware, a Canon S100 with CHDK and a Gentwire-USB2 control cable. Following the 3DR guide on "CHDK Camera Control Tutorial" I cannot get it to work. It is a little misguided and after many hours of googling I cannot find the answer as to why I cannot get it to work.

I am using channel 7 on the pixhawk, but the tutorial says (in a throw away comment) to use Aux5 for Pixhawk but does not expand at all on why or how. Aux5 only gives out 3.3v so the gentwire needs to be used on Ch7. I have ran the CHDK2Test script, and it shows an output of 'error'o but occasionally flashes 'Chanel 2 Down'. I have the default settings in MissionPlanner for cam trigger details and have set RC7 channel to '10' for camera trigger control. (I have also tried rc7 as disabled, tried setting camera shutter to ch7 under camera gimbal settings, and a few other params but just cannot get it to work!)

So what is going on? Can someone help me with the correct setup to get the above components working together? Thanks!

2nd part to the question. When setting up a mission it asks for camera type, but the Canon S100 is not in the list. So what should I pick?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.

Activity