I have some questions, but first let me tell you what I have done so far. I have my arducopter assembled, all ESC’s calibrated with the following calibration:

ESC Tower Pro w25 settings Brake-off, Battery type-Li-Poly, Cutoff Mode-Soft, Cutoff Threshold-Medium-High, Start Mode-Normal, Timing-Medium.

Motor-Turnigy 2217 20turn 860kv 22A Outrunner Motor spacing is about 51cm

APM and IMU Fatubu T6XH radio with 4500mAh battery.

My questions are:

Are the ESC setting correct for theses motors and application?

What mode should I start off with to try to get it in the air for the first time?

What PID settings to start off with?

Thanks for any help,

Scott Quartochi

Views: 2057

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OK, I think I know the problem, I stink at explaining anything. So here are some pictures

This is CCW

This is CW

radio yaw left

radio yaw right

PID yaw Acro mode
Scott, You thought maybe you knew what the problem. What did you find?
It was that I don't explain things well. LOL So I put up some pics. The only code I changed was the min motor speed. Too match the tx. Can you see from the pics that the YAW control is reversed?
So, can you try reversing yaw channel on Tx and also flip one pair of wires at each motor and swap positions of the CW and CCW props? Though, the images depicting the control from the Tx look good. If you rotate the quad by hand, did you say that it tries to spin the quad in the same direction? Sorry for the ramble- just trying to collect info.
From John " If you rotate the quad by hand, did you say that it tries to spin the quad in the same direction?"

This is exactly what happening. I will turn it by hand and the wrong set of motors try to compensate . When I tried to fly it that’s what happened to. It started to twist then shot up in the air. I was only touching the throttle.
All the motors are connected to the right pins. I am going crazy……..
Scott, Now were getting some where. This is the same problem I had. Do just like John said, try reversing yaw channel on Tx and also flip one pair of wires at each motor and swap positions of the CW and CCW props. This should fix it. As before make the changes, By reversing the rudder the down and right arm should work. Test with and without props on configurator and by hand above your head. I have regular props on Front and Rear motors and pushers on left and right..
I will try this. but whats wrong- documentation or code?
Code is fine. Maybe its our preception of whats CW or CCW. I'm not sure. Your motor controls should be the same as the documentation, Only the motor directions and props are changing.
"Maybe its our preception of whats CW or CCW"
I hate to say it Scott, but I have to agree ;) But that's cool- That's why we're all here! Anyway, it's not fixed yet, so let us know as soon as you give it a shot- I know you will. :)
That did it!!!! A success!!!! I can’t believe it!!!! I cant turn it in my back yard, but it was up and pretty steady. That was until it flopped like a pancake. I will post some videos soon.
Scott, Sounds like your there. Just had to tell us the right thing. I had asked if it was rotating when it was jumping up.

This is good, it will pave the way for others.

Start tuning now.

JC
Jerry, when it first happen it did not have a chance to rotate. It just shot up in the air.

Thank you all for your help,,,,, :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service