GPS and Arduimu problem.

in the groundstation server screen data is comeing in good but the gps data is all zeros. im useing your ublox satelite adapter and your board to attach to the arduimu. i checked all my code and everything looks good but i cant get a lock. iv tried this all over not just in my lab room even outside i get the same problem. only thing i didnt check is if the ublox is configured correctly but i figured it would be becasue i got it from you guys. nt sure what other data i can give you just let me know. have attached a screen shot of my groundstation runningps. lights all flicker on and off in series then it goes silent with just one green led on.

arduimu-problem.gif

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello to all !!

I have both arduimu ver 1 and 2(flat one) + ublox GPS and adapter.

In virtual lab 8.5 ground test or processing ground test station I can see the imu working but I get only zero's on every GPS fields ( no lat and no long readings). The arduimu board is showing a blue led (gps lock) and a yellow intermittent led wich I understand is normal since I do not move and there is no yaw drift correction. I tried going outside under clear sky but no luck...still no GPS position reading. If I remember well I ordered the ublox ready for ardupilot.Could it be the reason for my problem?Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all for your good work
  • wow, small pic...

let me know if you can see that...
  • You sure you are using 1.2? Not to argue with you but IIRC the cube was deactivated in 1.2, but I see it in your picture. It doesn't come up with mine. Anyway, did you setup the ArduIMU_DCM_V12 sketch properly? I highlighted a screen shot of mine. You need to print the DCM to get the visuals to work...

• Developer
    Shawn,

Several people have had trouble getting a lock and there are a couple known issues.

What firmware are you using? V1.1 has a known issue with the ublox. V1.2 is OK

The connector between the ublox module and the adapter board is really bad. If you have it "packaged" in any way that produces torque between the two the connector may not make good contact.

Worst case - hook up your ublox using the ftdi cable (there are directions here in the ArduPilot main thread somewhere) and use ucentral to see what is going on with the gps.
This reply was deleted.

Activity