GPS Initialization

Hello,

I purchased the APM 2.5+ and 915 MHz telemetry kit which arrived yesterday. I assembled the components and powered on everything seems to work except the GPS. I have established a telemetry connection, can see the attitude, roll pitch, etc. displayed on the mission planner, but the bottom right corner of my screen displays "GPS: No GPS". 

I do not see any activity on the 3DR mediatek GPS unit at all. If I apply power directly to the +5V and GND pins on the GPS the blue light illuminates and begins flashing. 

Is there a setting I need to adjust in MP to configure the GPS, or a way to diagnose that it is receiving power from the ARDUPilot?

Thanks,

Zach

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Brad, my problem was I was trying to plug the GPS into the new style connector on the top but I had an old style GPS cable that plugs in on the side. I damaged the pins but replaced the cable and got it working well... Until I crashed my plane last weekend. :(
  • Did you get this fixed? I have the same issue

• No GPS, is just a dumb way of saying no fix, take it outside and wait, I'm sure it'll work.
  • As I continued to play with the hardware this evening I noticed the blue "Fix" LED does blink, but only very dimly in a fairly regular pattern. The voltage is not enough to fully illuminate this LED, but if the lights are low enough it can be seen.

This makes me think either my Vsource, or GND are not coming correctly from the APM, or perhaps the pins are reversed and a transmit pin is connected to the voltage source on the GPS board. A photo and video of what I'm describing can be seen in the link below. 

http://s135.photobucket.com/user/nicholaschase29/library/Rosebud

Does anyone have a pinout for the GPS connector so I can verify I am receiving appropriate power on the correct pins on the device?

Thanks,

Zach

This reply was deleted.

Activity