Can someone explain why my groundstation airspeed reads over 200 mph when it's on the ground. I running 2.2.3

Views: 185

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Does the "digital" number readout in the lower half of the gauge actually read 200 or does the "analog" dial point to 200?
The Air speed indicator, dial indicator is full deflection and the centre digital readout read something like 230 mph
By sucking on the pitot tube the air speed goes to zero if that's any help
Do you have the silicon tube in the top nipple?
yes I do I am re reading th manaul again!! I had my first flight yesterday or should I say first fright
paul
here is a link (http://www.diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/unofficial-ardupilot-22). This contains some reference for the bias seting for the airspeed sensor in 2.2 but mine acts the same no matter what I put in for the bias value so you arent by yourself mine started when I went to the 2.2.3 code also.
thanks I have read the link. but still no solution I am hoping that someone will help out, note this 230 air speed indication is while it is on the bench. Not flying.
Paul
Mine was reading 237 until I went back to the 2.2.2 code and changed this in the sensors tab.

this is the changed version

air_speed_offset=analog3;//air_speed_bias_f;
}
/**/
int airSpeed(void)
{
//return constrain(Pressure_MTS((float)(analog3-air_speed_offset))-2,0,500); //COnverting to m/s = sqrt(((((5000mV/1023adc)*(analog3-air_speed_bias))/1 Volt/kP)*2)/1.225 Newtons/m*m)
return constrain(analog3-237,0,500);
}

this was original

air_speed_offset=analog3;//air_speed_bias_f;
}
/**/
int airSpeed(void)
{
//return constrain(Pressure_MTS((float)(analog3-air_speed_offset))-2,0,500); //COnverting to m/s = sqrt(((((5000mV/1023adc)*(analog3-air_speed_bias))/1 Volt/kP)*2)/1.225 Newtons/m*m)
return constrain(analog3-air_speed_offset,0,500);
}
You are not calibrating the Sensor, for that you must insert the bind plug (set home).
D'oh! I should have thought of that, too. Just a clarification: Jordi is referring to the field-calibration jumper/plug. See the manual for more info.
I will give it a go. I did not use the bind plug!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service