I was dry testing my pixhawk quad build with the motors spinning (props off) and moving it around by hand to check all is good and it suddenly disarmed and stopped. Yeah just like that.
Did it few times actually when I proceed to test some more.

The only thing that i've changed recently is BRD_SAFETYENABLE parameter, which I set to 0 to disable the need to press the safety button every time. (I hate safety) and have left the physical button plugged in because I like the way it lights.

Could this be a reason? Have you ever a disarm happen just like that while "flying"?

p.s. funny thing is this parameter was NOT visible through APM GS software but was in Tower android app.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I didn't look at the logs, but I'm quite sure the issue is simply that you triggered the crash-check failsafe.  It simply looks to see that the attitude matches the commanded attitude.  If it's off by more than... 20 degrees IIRC, for more than 1 second, it auto-disarms.  Very common when bench testing.

• After further testing that seems to be the case!

Actually if telemetry is connected it says it crashed. So you nailed it, thanks! :)

• That's pretty much exactly what happened.

But what is Mode 16?

• Flight mode 16 is Position Hold. It's probably failing to go into PosHold due to no GPS signal (0 sat 99.99hdop).

• How far did you raise the throttle? It needs to be up a bit from the bottom else it will auto disarm after about 10 seconds or something like that.

Also logs go a LONG way to helping people see what is going on because just explaining an issue is rarely a good indicator of what actually IS the problem.

• yes you are right, here

Unfortunately I have no idea how to understand anything from it in APM planner

Just took a look at it there but it's understandable to me

p.s.

throttle wasn't at min for sure

15-11-19_23-00-24.bin

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702604404?profile=original
      • taking a quick look at the logs and I see all KINDS of errors :(

Autotune = NA -
        Test: Balance/Twist = NA -
        Test: Brownout = GOOD -
        Test: Compass = FAIL - Large change in mag_field (49.66%)

Test: Dupe Log Data = GOOD -
        Test: Empty = GOOD -
        Test: Event/Failsafe = FAIL - ERRs found: CRASH FLT_MODE
        Test: GPS = FAIL - Min satellites: 0, Max HDop: 99.99
        Test: IMU Mismatch = GOOD - (Mismatch: 0.32, WARN: 0.75, FAIL: 1.50)
        Test: Parameters = GOOD -
        Test: PM = NA -
        Test: Pitch/Roll = NA -
        Test: Thrust = NA -
        Test: VCC = GOOD -

Auto Analysis shows the event failsafe kicked in

Do you have your FC upside down?

3702726709?profile=original

• well i tilted it a lot at one point.

Anything else that should be worrysome?

• Use mission planner. I hate APM Planner :(

• Can't. I'm on linux because im mad hax0r.

This reply was deleted.

Activity