Heavy Lift Hexa Build

I did it, finally the hexa is ready for a tune! its taken its sweet time, over 2 months of waiting and building and lots of $$$ but im excited to take it for its maiden flight real soon. my intention of using this hexa was for aerial video with future heavy lift if and when needed.

any help with tuning would be helpful. will try and get some video of the maiden flight and some tuning progress vids too.

hexa1.jpg

hexa3.jpg

hexa5.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Right now tuning Hexa jdrones 2.5.3 880, 12x4.5, Started off with stock pids and Rate Roll P 0.1, Stabilize Roll P 3, TriM_throttle 450. You people way ahead with the same rig, any final tuning parameter values?

• holy cow!

fixed it. all this time it was in mission planner setting up the radio properly! arrggg. i didnt know the software was so particular when it asks after calibrating radio " center all sticks", previously i just had the throttle stick to 0 then click ok. 

ok so back on track... yay.. off to tune, will do some flight/tune vids too. over and out

• @Paul, have you tried disconnecting each individual esc and calibrating? BTW, your hexa looks nice. I finally put mine together too, so I was looking for some tuning help. Are you using a UAP1 frame from Rusty? I have the same.

@nicolas, do you fly at all in acro/rate mode? i have just finally finished building my hexa and tried the default PIDs and it was very wobbly. I will try out your shared settings as starting point. My hexa is heavy...almost 2.5kg AUW.

• I've searched high and low, still no luck. Ivwould like to get some tuning soon as ive got a small video job coming up but im dead in water right now. Is there something wrong with .55 or is this hardware related?
  • and to the apm board3692313298?profile=original

• this is the pcb connections
    3692312791?profile=original

• hey guys, here is a quick video what is going on with my esc/motors. any one can help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeP-e9DJFz0

• hi guys, any one have any clue as to why my esc/motors are beeping like crazy after a firmware update .55 ?

• thanks, ill give it a shot, hopefully tomorrow if the weather holds out.

• Hi, nice hexa. Tuning is a bit tricky. Some of us (for example me) are having to fine tune hexa. Is quite dificult. But you can start with some values like: 

stab P: around 1.8 - 2.5 (powerful motors)

stab I: 0.1

rate P: 0.080 - 0.120 (again powerful motors)

These are actually mines:

STB_PIT_P  3 (I think I change it last flight to 2.4 but I'm not sure, it flies with 3, but little wobble)

STB_PIT_I    0.1

STB_PIT_IMAX  30

RATE_PIT_P             0.085

RATE_PIT_I              0.1
    RATE_PIT_IMAX       15

I'm using 2.0.54 firmware with the attitude patch.

This reply was deleted.

Activity