Hello, Everyone.

Hi, I am rather new to UAV's, but i have been interested in them for a while, if that makes sense. I have an idea for a UAV concept, but as i am not such a good 3d modeler, sorry for the rubbish images meaning that i am going to need to do a lot of explaining. 3690984503?profile=original Basically, there is the inner cylinder, that will hold all of the internal components, and the outer ring. The outer rind stops the rotor blade, or your fingers form being damaged, and will be connected to the inner cylinder by 6 arms, 3 on the top, and 3 on the bottom. The batteries will be located in the arms. The rotor will be much like a jet turbine rotor, but with curved blades, because they move more air.

Please tell me what you think, and if it might possibly work!3690984521?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Unfortunately, i have not been able to add anymore pictures, due to the fact that my scanner has been broken. Sorry.

• Do not be afraid to hand sketch pictures and scan/post them. Of course that assumes you have a scanner...I do it all the time and think it tends to break the 'digital boredom' that can set in by those looking at an idea.

How do you plan to achieve directional control?

Will the aircraft VTOL and then transition to horizontal flight?

How will you compensate for the torque induced into the system by the rotor/blade, assuming a single blade - at least that is what your post indicates.

Keep thinking Nat!

There are no bad ideas unless they involved rotating objects and fingers... ;)

-=Doug

• Yeah, but hopefully mine wont be as odd looking. Theta if it even works.....

looks just like the Sikorsky Cypher.

image.jpg

This reply was deleted.

Activity