Help me make a bluetooth bridge please!

Hello Diydrones!I'm a little confused with some components I need to buy and use! I'm a little new to APM so please bear with me...So far I have on order:Basic Breakout Arduino Multiwii BootloaderArduino JY-MCU Bluetooth Wireless Serial Port ModuleSingle TTL 3DRobotics 3DR Radio Telemetry Kit 433Mhz for APM APM2 APM2.5I know I have to change the baud rate on the bluetooth module, is the FTDI breakout board correct to do this?My second question is my telementry for the ground has a USB port so I need to find the pin out to solder on the connections to the bluetooth module does anyone have the values I need to find?I would like to use both my Samsung galaxy S4 and Kindle Fire HD (not at the same time though)Thanks for any help you can provide! So far enjoying APM!Cosha

Screenshot_2013-12-11-21-53-59.png

Screenshot_2013-12-11-22-12-11.png

Screenshot_2013-12-11-22-12-35.png

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi marcin,
    Schenoni using a ground module, is it necessary to cut the wires going to the ftdi chip, or can be soldered in parallel , tx and Rx ?
    Thanks
  • It's still a work in process I keep hitting little walls! So far all I have really managed to do is change the Baud rate higher that my Arduino can read (15800)

No idea how to revert it via the Arduino!

Currently I just brought a 'On the go' cable (OTG cable is around £4 on ebay) that i plug into my Samsung Galaxy S4 and I just plug the USB module into that!

I havent had my quad up for a while time/weather etc...

Sorry I can't be much of a help!
  • I am in the same position as you with the same components and trying to achieve the same thing. Have you had any success in getting it working? Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  • This is my module! Looks nothing like 3DR's I don't think!

USB has 4 pins that I need fairly easy to solder too but I don't know what pins are what and I can't find the schematics!

20131214_195233.jpg

20131214_195247.jpg

• MR60

Here a blog I have posted explaining how to do a bluetooth bridge:

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/3dr-telemetry-module-recycling-...

• Anyone got a few little tips please? Or a link to help my quest?
This reply was deleted.

Activity