HELP! No HUD display on Toughbook, see pic

Hey all-

I would be so grateful if someone could shed some light on my problem.  I have a Panasonic Toughbook (CF-19 mk2), that I am now dedicating to be my GS computer for Mission Planner.  It has Win 7 64 on it and I loaded that up yesterday.  Everything is working well on the computer, except now when I launch MP, the HUD is not working.  It just shows the background of whatever was recently on it.... see pic you'll know what I mean... Everything else in MP works fine, connects up to APM well and no issues other than the HUD not working.  3691196752?profile=original

I am GUESSING I have something wrong on my computer that will not allow MJPEG's to work? Or perhaps a program I am missing... Must have something to do with changing to win 7 64bit as this worked prior with XP on this computer... I know enough to be dangerous, but I am no computer wiz, so if anyone could shed some light as to why this is happening I would greatly appreciate it!  

Thank you! 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• OK, well I guess the ole toughbook did not like 64bit OS.  I went to win 7 32 bit, and everything is working fine.. on the same graphics card driver, so must have been some hardware/software mismatch. 

Thank you Michael.  

• Developer

update your opengl driver. (graphics card driver)

• Hey Michael, 

Thanks for the advise.  I have tried every conceivable way to update the graphics driver, and it is stating I have the newest driver available.  However, this is clearly not the case, as there are updates available from intel. It will not upgrade, and I have tried several down grades and different combos for different OS's...... no joy.  

Therefore I have deemed this a 64 bit OS hardware configuration issue.  I am going to wipe my HD again, and install a win 7-32 bit system on this old relic and I will report back once that is complete, in efforts to assist people in the future with the same problem.  I believe there is hardware in my toughbook, that is not capable to deal with the 64 bit OS.

This reply was deleted.

Activity