Help!

My problem: I can't change the selection mode in Arducopter.

I use: Mission Planer APM 1.0.64, 1.4 ArdupilotMega Windows 7 or Windows XP.

What works: When I configure my APM in plane, although the mode changes with the switch (IN8 for selection). Ok

What does not work: When I configure my APM in QuadCopter, impossible to change the mode (in6 for selection), it gets stuck on mode 3. Yet I see with the Test function to change the input value 6 when I use the switch. The calibration Radio went well.

In both cases  I use the terminal because with APM Setup impossible to calibrate the radio, gauges not moving.

Thank

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

You are drinking to much beer ! Mode change is channel 5 for arducopter, not channel 6 !

Mode is selected by the one defined at position 3 if there is no signal on channel 5. So it is perfectly normal that you get stuck on pos3 mode if you are connected to channel 6.

From the Arducopter 2 wiki :

• Channels 1-4: Basic flight control (roll, pitch, throttle, yaw)
    • Channel 5: Mode Selection, to tell ArduCopter what mode you want to be flying in at any point (manual, auto, altitude hold, etc). Typically you will assign your RC transmitter's three-position switch to Channel 5 for this purpose. A full list of modes is here
    • Channel 6: Not currently used, but reserved for camera controls
    • Channel 7: Not currently used, but reserved for trimming
    • Channel 8: NOT used!!! This is "hardware manual", which is used for airplanes. But it's very dangerous to use for quads, since you will have no stabilization and most quads are unflyable without stabilization.
This reply was deleted.

Activity