Hello All, I had an issue with my Hexa that I thought I would share with everyone in the hopes that it can benefit others.

I have all 3D Robitics and jDrones Hardware.

This is built on ArduCopter v3.0.1 Hexa with:                 

3691075127?profile=original

6x Motors AC2836-358, 880Kv (jDrones improved)

6x jDrones 30A ESC (updated Firmware)

1x 3D Robotics ArduPilot Mega 2.6+ (with 3DR Compass)

1x DJI 550mm Frame

1x KYPOM 5100mah 4S 35~70C Lipo Pack

6x Graupner E-Props Left/Right Rotation (9x4.5)

1x FPV ANTI-Vibration Landing Skid Kit for DJI F550 Hexacopter

I have many more parts/items but I have stripped it down to narrow the problem and or interference that might be occurring?

I have rebuilt this Hexa a few times trying to isolate the issue with no luck trying to see if I could solve this…. 

In Short, I would run all the calibrations, all the tests and it would still yaw to the left.

Further testing flushed out a faulty ESC, that was repaired… 

After looking thru the logs and trying many test flights, something was fishy when viewing the Motor Log after enabling it in the LOGS.

I then did a search again in the Forums looking for some answers and noticed that someone has some what a similar problem and it was due to Incorrect Rotation of the Motors at each particular location.

The Remedy is to move all the motors over 1 spot so that the correct Rotation is at the correct position

Below, you can see some of the debugging and logs to reach this conclusion.

Cheers.

LTMNO

previous_build.zip

latest_build.zip

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Apparently the connection that was closest to the APM was faulty on ESC Motor 2... the Signal Wire (White) was not really on and hanging by a thread... I am surprised that they are just crimped and not soldered... nonetheless it was crimped too high and not enough wire exposed.  I removed, soldered and put it back.

After Repairing the ESC, I did an ESC Calibration, everything checked.. Armed and tested the Hexa.

Repaired ESC Test for Calibration

And the Final Flight Test with Repaired ESC after doing  ESC Calibration

Other than doing a Recalibration of the copter... which I have already done previously... but not since the GPS setup... I am not sure what left I can do.

Here is a photo of the Hexa...

3692874908?profile=original

• It seems that today I have a bad ESC, I noticed that Motor 2 which is the direct left side of APM is not spinning, this is new… perhaps that the high vibrations where triggering the ESC to fail due to a loose connection but now at this point it fails completely.

Looking into replacing the jDrones 30Amp ESC and see if that fixes the problem….

Fingers Crossed...

I have also removed all unnecessary components and stripped down the Hexa to just APM, GPS/Compass.  NO other electronics are on the HEXA.  Furthermore, I have mounted the Extension Boom (http://www.canadadrones.com/Universal-Foldable-GPS-Compass-Isolatio...) thanks to Dany at www.CanadaDrones.com 

AADJI-GEN-GPSIsokit-2T.gifso there should be no interference going forward.

Oh, along with mounting the APM with another set of Vibration Dampers and a softer 10x4.5 sets of props...

But if anyway could see in the logs something leading to this.. that would be greatly appreciated.

• Another configuration was attempted by stiffening the APM and the same adverse effects....

3692874460?profile=original

From what I can tell, the vibrations got worse, the throttle 480 was the point of lift off and at that same point we have Yaw kick in and spin the copter around.

I am going to try different props... 

This reply was deleted.

Activity