Hobby King Shipping SUCKS!!!

Anyone else had any issues with Hobby King shipping from their China warehouse? After ordering a new hexa frame from them about a week ago, I still haven't received any shipping confirmation or a valid tracking number. The tracking number on their order status page comes up NOT FOUND when I attempt to use it on the Malaysian Post (or whatever it is) tracking site. I have contacted their customer service reps several times and been met with nothing but excuses and shallow apologies. Has this been YOUR experience with HK? Post your rant here if it has. I doubt very seriously that I will EVER order anything from them again.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

I gave up on HK about 2 years ago.

Basically they allowed someone there reset my account signed in, changed my name, address and email, cancelled my order and issue a credit then used the credit to order themselves some stuff for shipping to a Russian address. I caught the transaction before it had shipped and they took 5 days to cancel the order by which time it had shipped and been delivered.

Then, given the absolute farce based on their mess they demanded that i provide them a copy of my government ID before they'd re-instate my account or issue a refund. Fortunately PayPal to the rescue, they cancelled the payment and I haven't used HK since. 

They have some cool shiny stuff but their customer service  is awful and it's just not worth the pain 

• I used the 6connect.biz delivery service. They have always been fast for me, but thats prolly.

6Connect :: Local Courier Services SG [Same Day | Next Day Delivery]
    Compare the rates from multiple local couriers for delivery services such as same day or next day delivery. Book the courier services with no additio…
  • Same here, Gave me fake tracking number, Before that they excepted my order then two days later said "That there price was wrong and wanted me to send another $2 US".

• Im kind of surprised at the shipping stories some of you guys have reported. I have used hobbyking for 4 orders but so far have gotten nothing but fast over the weekend deliveries(maybe ive just been really lucky?).

The 2 times I've had something shipped from hongkong (order1.plane,radio,charger - order2. radio module, receiver), I placed the order on thursday or friday, used DHL, and both times received the order on monday morning. Shipping was fairly expensive but still when compared to prices at local hobby shops was still around the same but for a better product.

Also during both of these weekends I placed orders internationally, I placed orders at the USA west warehouse for some batteries and other misc stuff the same day to avoid having the customs battle. Both times the orders from USAwest shipped usps, showed up a day later than the shipments from hongkong via DHL??? How china is closer to me than washington, I have no clue....

My advice, don't get batteries shipped internationally. Pay the extra $$ and use DHL(swisspost is more expensive but i havent used them since dhl has always been a+ and shipped within 3 days). But it seems to work for me.

• I have been happy with HobbyKing's delivery times to Australia

Order on the 9th of April (inc 2 lipo's) from International Warehouse

Delivered on 17th of April

I used the Australian Express Channel service ($15)

• Hi Ken, I made a comment that I'm in my second month waiting for some lipos for my rover - original purchase 03/03/14. I had a tracking number from day 2 after purchase. It was a FJ tracking number and I actually tracked the parcel as it moved around the world - today I receive a mail saying that my parcel has left the warehouse with a new tracking number......this time the tracking number belongs to FedEx Express - I paid for EMS originally(Lipos $90, shipping $40). Something odd brewing there.

Maybe something better will come out of this blog.....I'm tired off watching my rover collect dust.

Cheers,

Antonie

• Your batteries prolly got confiscated or returned to HK. THey have mentioned they will send fedex if necessary i believe somewhere.

• Developer

Hi Ken,

if you order from HK China warehouse you should be patient, recently it took usually 40 - 50 days to get delivered to Germany.

Malaysia post is by far the slowest ive have experienced in 3 years and many orders.

Also the delivery from our (local) EU warehouse takes forever if you used to get your orders from DE Warehouse in a few days to a week.

I guess many people are waiting with their orders around december / january and then we have big traffic after chinese newyear.

you may also notice that the customs office may be another point where the delay comes from as online shoppers clog customs offices these days.

just my 2cents

Regards,

Linus

• They're no amazon but the prices are super cheap.  Your expectations are way too high. 

• I agree, people in USA are a bit spoiled, pity we cannot be like that...every time someone here in Croatia (EU) get order in less than 2 weeks that's miracle...usually 3-4 weeks.. and than customs 3-7 days...

with DHL,FedEx,EMS nobody guarantee anything when it will be delivered...

Also I do not swallow that BS with China customs politics changed, I only see HK took cheaper postal service,bcs I also order from others in china with no problems...

Foxtech is one of them,great service , not expensive(not cheapest) post

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/

This reply was deleted.

Activity