Hi,

I am worried. I bought a Bormatec Maja airplane in which I´d like to install a camera (canon ixus? panasomic lumix?) for mapping purposes. Hence the camera should be installed into the "floor" of the plane. However, I am too worried cutting a hole into my new plane only to realize that I messed it up!

Is anybody aware of a tutorial video or does anyone has some tips how to start and/or what to consider before/after installation?

Any help is very much appreciated!

Jens

Views: 3666

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Keith

It is the standard Maja body.

Hi Keith

Ok, I am now in a place where the internet connection is better. My whole idea is to fit the Gimbal inside your Frame. This way all the electronics will be placed on the other areas in the frame and the Gimbal with the camera in it's rightfull place....everything nicely organised!

Is there any possibilty that I could have a copy of your CAD files please? I am getting the standard size Maja. How do you find the Maja?

Regards, Michael

Hi Michael,

I really liked the Maja, but wanted something that could carry a larger camera, so I got a wide bodied one, although it took me a long time to get it flying, so I bought a SkyWalker2013 last summer and it has done most of the work.

Here are some images that may help you, see the ones above that were posted last year, but be aware that the ones with the SONY NEX7 are of the Wide Bodied Maja;

The CAD files are below;

Attachments:

Halo Jens, 

Just my 20 cents advice :-D Put everythig (batteries, camera, all the electronics) in the plane, get your CoG right then you can cut the hole for the camera. Make a simple sponge mounting for your camera make sure the zoom lense doesn't poking out of the fuselage belly.   

Cheers.

Keith Geary said:

Hi Michael,

I really liked the Maja, but wanted something that could carry a larger camera, so I got a wide bodied one, although it took me a long time to get it flying, so I bought a SkyWalker2013 last summer and it has done most of the work.

Here are some images that may help you, see the ones above that were posted last year, but be aware that the ones with the SONY NEX7 are of the Wide Bodied Maja;

The CAD files are below;

Hi, can you load all model of plane? I want to measure stress with solidworks.

Thanks!

Hi Keith,

Could you upload or send the CAD files of the maja drone itself?

Regards,

Jurian

Keith Geary said:

Hi Michael,

The CAD files are below;

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service