How to restart waypoint flight?

Hi,A trivial question maybe, but I have found no obvious answer: When I have completed a waypoint flight, how do I fly it again? When I switch to Auto mode a 2nd time, my plane will just circle around home. I want it to fly the waypoint path again.RegardsSoren

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi, we had the same issue.......the way we did it is to
    1- add another waypoint after the last...
    2- select and change that waypoint to a jump....
    3- change the number of jumps to the number of rounds you want the plane to continue...
    4- switch back - out off AUTO to STABILISE, MANUAL, FBWA etc to regain control.....
    5- the plane will fly the circuit indefinitely UNLESS another mode is triggered such as RTL for battery failsafe

We have "carry on with mission" programmed in the parameters so we can do "beyond visual (radio) range flights as well.

For further reading check the "Anatomy of a 301 km Flight" post....that is how we found the JUMP command, which he used after placing several waypoints.

Good luck, I can pass you my logs for you to see the mission if you like, just let me know.
  • Just in case someone stumbles across this ..

MIS_RESTART:  Controls mission starting point when entering Auto mode (either restart from beginning of mission or resume from last command run)  0:Resume Mission  1:Restart Mission

In the Flightgear HIL simulation:

ArduCopter restarts the mission when toggling Auto (irrespective of whether the mission is finished or not),

ArduPlane does not restart the mission when toggling Auto (Only a reboot or click in MP will do it)

• For me, I switch from stable to auto. The auto mission completes. I switch back to stable mode. If I want to, I can go right back into auto mode and it will restart the mission.

I've been playing with the HIL simulation, the only way I can see to RESTART a mission in ArduPlane is to click 'Restart Mission' in the Flight Data | Actions tab of the Mission Planner OR to reboot the APM.

• Hi,

I think this is what u look for: 

Reset Mission Channel (ArduPlane:RST_MISSION_CH)

RC channel to use to reset the mission to the first waypoint. When this channel goes above 1750 the mission is reset. Set RST_MISSION_CH to 0 to disable.

This is something I find mildly annoying, (maybe a bit more than mildly) especially while testing and tuning. Scenario: I want to repeat a mission with new parameters to see the difference and I CANNOT get the mission to repeat in the air with just my Tx. WHY is it like this?

Sure there's Restart Mission in the planner but that means fiddling around with different screens and buttons. It can be stressful enough sometimes taking your eyes off the plane but now to spend time having to fiddle with the computer.

Another way around this issue is to put in a DO_JUMP command last and set it to jump to waypoint 1 and repeat how many times but why do we have to have a "way around" this?

Surely this is more simple and logical:

Proposal:

If the mission is complete and is in RTL, switch out of and back into Auto - then mission will restart.

If the mission is not complete, switch out of and back into Auto - then resume mission.

• I simply switch it all off after landing and start again.
    Or am I misunderstanding your question?
  • Hi,

OK I found a "Restart Mission" button in APM Mission Planner :)

Can the same effect be had using the RC only?

Regards

Soren

This reply was deleted.

Activity