I'm trying to use the aux pins in the pixhwak to control servo or leds. I am able to use the RC9 / RC10 / RC 11 for the same. But i want to extend it to RC12 / RC13 / RC 14 .i.e. Aux out 53/54/55 in pixhawk. But there are no servo buttons in mission planner to control the pins other than RC5 - RC 11 . Please help me to do the same. I also tried to give PWM signals from RC5 - RC8 to control a servo. It doesnt work. 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• what settings did you use?
    I have channel 9 set as 28 (EPM) relay 1 at aux1 brd_pwm_count is 0 but still no relay 3,3v output when switching ...

Luc Maximilien said:

I was not able to operate the second relay with the radio control.

It seems that the relays other than relay 1 can only be switch by waypoints mission and not radio control.

So only one relay can be operate by the pilot directly .

• I was not able to operate the second relay with the radio control.

It seems that the relays other than relay 1 can only be switch by waypoints mission and not radio control.

So only one relay can be operate by the pilot directly .

• Guys thank you for the reply.
    I got i working by tweaking Mission planner to get servo controls in the Servo tab. Extended the controls for Servos 12, 13 and 14. Thank you very much for the replies  once again. 

• Correct, if you do pass through you get only PWM output from the radio.  If you define Relay 1 as 54 (RELAY_PIN=54) it becomes a relay pin and will go from 0v to 3.3v. From there you would need to use a FET to drive some device like an LED.

So if you define channel 10 (CH10_OPT=28) as a relay it will turn the first relay on when the PWM value is above 1800 and in this case will change the value of pin 54.

Currently the flight controller only goes to channel 12 and not 13 so you can't use it to control a relay.

• Hi Michael , about RC pass through function .I have done some tests and I found no way to use it to activate a relay output .

In standard Pixhawk config , Pin 54 is a relay output , that correspond to Rc channel 13 .

But if you define RC13 with 1 , pass through , you'll have a PWM output not a Relay output, I'm I wrong ?

• Ok, you need to set this parameter to get the number of Aux ports to use as PWM: BRD_PWM_COUNT

You use the Channel options to control the flight controller with one of the radio channels.  I have CH9_OPT set to 28 to turn a relay on or off based on the PWM value.

Then you define a relay from 1 to 4 to use one of the Aux out pins.  So I set RELAY_PIN to 55 for the last AUX pin.  So when I set relay 1 on this Aux pin will change.

If you program a mission you can also turn on or off relays during the mission.

You can also use the RC functions to pass through the Channel to the Aux pin if its set to PWM.  So RC9_FUNCTION set to 1 will pass channel 9 straight through to AUX 0.  The safety switch may need to be pushed before you will see the PWM.

• Even if i define aux pins 53/54/55 for servo control or led on off where will i have the control for them to control or switch on or switch off ?

This reply was deleted.

Activity