HT-FPV Build (and APM2 Adapter Board)

I got myself a HoverThings HT-FPV frame, and I made up an adapter board using Eagle for connecting the APM2 to the frame and also allowing me to only hook up one ESC to the APM2 without having to cut wires anywhere. I got the board manufactured by OshPark, and a photo appears below. It fits perfectly! The APM2 can screw onto the board, and then the board fits the 60x60mm hole spacing on the HT-FPV. It can also fit 45x45mm hole spacing if you want.Anyhow, finished my HT-FPV build last night. I don't have a GoPro yet for the front, so I've put on a 200g roll of solder as ballast (since that's how much a GoPro weighs). Parts list is;- HoverThings HT-FPV Frame- HobbyKing F-30 ESCs with SimonK firmware- Turnigy 2217-16 Motors (old type)- HobbyKing 10x4.5 SF Propellers- Zippy Flightmax 3S1P 5000mAh 20C LiPo- APM2 with APM2 Board Adapter- Spektrum AR8000 receiver with satellite and TM1000 telemetry (DX8 Radio)- AttoPilot 90A (voltage/current monitoring)- HoverThings Power Distribution board- HobbyKing LiPo Alarm- 3DRobotics 3DRadio 900MHz- HobbyKing LiPo Alarm- HobbyKing HK600GT Landing GearAnyway, all ESC calibration is done, transmitter is set up, so I should be up to the point of doing the pre-flight checks and first flight on the weekend! I still need to attach the sonar, but that can wait a bit.After that, I'll start looking at FPV gear...

IMG_0864.JPG

IMG_0861.JPG

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here is the parameters I've got tuned up right now. Working pretty good. NTN motors and plush amps. 10x4.7 APC props, sonar and optical flow.

http://www.filedropper.com/ht-fpv

• Hi HT-FPV guys!

I also have a frame like this, but i'm having problems with my parameters. Could you please share you parameters file with me ? :)

Tommy

• Sorry for the tardy response, been tied up with other stuff. Yes, I have one left, sitting right here on my desk. I'll PM you :)
  • The reason for the adapter is that the APM2 has a hole spacing that doesn't match any of the holes already built into the HT-FPV frame, and I didn't want to drill additional holes. You could double-sided tape the APM2 onto the frame, but I also wanted a solution that didn't involve tape and also provided the appropriate circuitry to let me select which ESC I wanted to use to power the APM2 without needing to actually cut wires on the ESCs.

The adapter board mates with the APM2's hole spacing and then provides a 45x45 and 60x60mm hole spacing which fits nicely onto the mounts available on the HT-FPV. It should work fine for other frames, too.

I've got two of the adapter boards spare (I was sent three), so if you want one, PM me and I'm sure we can work something out :)

EDIT:  First flight went fine - no issues.  Needs some PID tuning, but other than that, everything went great.  Flies quite nicely, very responsive, and altitude hold works great.  I'll be testing loiter this weekend.

• Hi James,

I'm really interested in your project.

I have been looking at frames for a while now and decided to use the HT-FPV frame and APM2. I don't have much experience...hold on...I don't have any experience but your project is exactly what I want to do. Lucky I stumbled across your post.

I don't understand the reason for the adapter board as far as connecting to the frame.

Looking forward to your update.

Randy

This reply was deleted.

Activity