I want to send fpv live feed video to phones.

Hello,

I am wondering if I could send fpv live feed video to smartphones, if that is at all possible. Or if its possible to have the main ground station able to send video signals and spread it to phones. I am just wondering if that is possible. Thanks for reading.

-Nelson        

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You can use a Raspberry PI (or PI zero) to stream multiple video channels to a ground station. This drone has 3 cameras - PiCam (1080p), ThermApp thermal imaging camera, and a low-light B&W (PAL) video (RunCam Eagle 2), and all 3 streams go over a 5GHZ wifi channel. 3702452574?profile=original

• See my response to a post about MIMO video streaming on DIYDrones here

The WiFi modules take an HD video input. Costs vary widely depending on grade of the electronics. While this long range (2 miles) industrial module can cost up to $150 a cheapo module (200ft range(?) )costs about $30.

Wireless Broadband Solutions for Unmanned Aerial Systems
    State-of-the-art MIMO for long range video streaming Doodle Labs has an extensive portfolio of wireless building blocks developed specifically with t…
  • Such a great gift,The products are amazing to use,This awesome gopro live streaming to pc - https://goo.gl/2uOjfD

GoPro Live Streaming
    Live Streaming with your GoPro How to stream live from GoPro HERO and other GoPro models You'll need a GoPro HERO camera and a MAC or PC for transco…
  • How about using Periscope or Meerkat? 

• Live feed to phone, you mean like in this video?

• That works well. Thanks David.

My completely non-scientific estimate of lag with this solution is that it's just over 100ms, which is as good as it is on my laptop with the EasyCap.

I have a Moto X running KitKat, an EasyCap based on the stk1160 chipset, and the FPV kit from the 3DR store.

• On a parallel subject, with all of the media attention these days, who else thinks that an fpv racing reality TV show is in order?
    • There is already an effort in the vein of standardization through an organization called multi-gp. If we can find a way to emphasize our sport during the star wars craze that is swelling, we might be able to shed new light and get more positive press! Call me crazy, but this could even evolve into full scale racing some day!
    • I'm not sure about the "reality" part, but I could easily see it as a new type of 3D race/motor sport.

Computer gaming - only with a physical aspect.
      Podracing like the StartWars movie, with live video from each aircraft, flying through forest or - even better - purposely build and marked track.
      Colorful poles and gates to go over/under/around.

I think I'm going to suggest to my local flying club, that we build such a track - I believe we have a corner rarely used during normal flying. Might even be possible to attract new (and younger) members that way.

Would it make sense to have a common set of rules for the race and track?

• AUVidea.eu have made some (somewhat) cheap HD video encoders intended for RC use:
    http://www.auvidea.eu/index.php/theme-styles/2013-06-22-21-23-36/e12

They comes with a WiFi or (wired) Ethernet module.

Quote from product description: 
    "E12 compact H.264 encoder module
    The E12 compact H.264 encoder module features a mini HDMI HD video input. It puts the same features and the same performance of the E110/E112 encoders into a much smaller form factor at a much smaller weight. In particular this is important for drone and UAV applications, to encode HD video and stream it with low latency to a ground station, The latest firmware adds an interface to flight controllers and autopilot systems, to perform HD OSD display of selectable data which is received via MAVLink.
    ...<snip>...

• H.264 codec up to level 4.1 (baseline, main, and high profiles)
    • video encoding up to 720p50/60, 1080i50/60 or 1080p24/25/30
    • streaming: RTSP stream (128 to 20000 kbit/s)
    • live change of bandwidth, GOP size and resolution while streaming
    • power: 7 - 17V, 3.5W (5.5x2.5mm jack) - optional: internal power connector
    • size: 49 x 61 mm
    • mounting: extra 7mm mounting hole
    • weight: 17 gr (just the encoding module)

<Quote end>

Got to say that i find it one of the most attractive solutions I have seen so far.
    You can only expect to have a single video stream. I guess that if one wants to have multiple video receivers, you will need to make and bring a small (Rasperry Pi-based?) server to receive the feed and redistribute it.
    Obviously, that will introduce additional lag, but if you don't need to PFV from that signal, you are probably good.

I believe that it is also possible to attach an external WiFi antenna to the WiFi module.

Best, Jon

http://AUVidea.eu/
This reply was deleted.

Activity