I2C Lidar Lite v3 Pixhawk

Hey guys, I want to connect my LidarLite v3 with a pixhawk. I used the configuration for the Lidar Lite v2 from ardupilot but it doesn't works. Can you please help me?

Pd. I want to work with more than one lidar lite sensor at the same time.

Thaks.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm dealing with the same RNGFND_OFFSET issue. The scaling factor for I2C with LIDARLite V3 seems to be spot on but I cannot get the offset work. No matter what, I'm always 50cm off.
  • Hey Folks, I am struggeling to buy the LIDARLite V3. Seems there still some problems with it. Do you have any solution for this matter?

Thanks!

• I have this exact problem, only mine is about 40cm off instead of 20cm. Changing parameters doesnt seem to do anything at all

David Kaden said:

Hooked up the Lidar Lite V3 to the Pixhawk running AC3.5 RC7. Working fine, but distance is always exact 20cm too much. Changing RNGFND_OFFSET doesnt change anything :(

Anyone similar exp?

• Hooked up the Lidar Lite V3 to the Pixhawk running AC3.5 RC7. Working fine, but distance is always exact 20cm too much. Changing RNGFND_OFFSET doesnt change anything :(

Anyone similar exp?

• What if you want to connect more than one sensor?

Btw, thanks all. 

Daniel Carelli said:

Thanks all, I just connected the LIDAR through PWM. That seemed to work following the same steps as the v2 outlined in the ArduPilot documentation. Make sure your PWM rails are powered on the pixhawk if using this method! 

I2C Lidar Lite v3 Pixhawk
    Hey guys, I want to connect my LidarLite v3 with a pixhawk. I used the configuration for the Lidar Lite v2 from ardupilot but it doesn't works. Can y…
  • Thanks all, I just connected the LIDAR through PWM. That seemed to work following the same steps as the v2 outlined in the ArduPilot documentation. Make sure your PWM rails are powered on the pixhawk if using this method! 

• Hi Ashley

I was also facing the same issue. I was following the old guide for making the connections - http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-rangefinder-lidarlite.html

There has been change in pinout wires of Lidar Lite V3 and the above guide does not work.

Refer to the official manual by Garmin for the new connections. - https://static.garmin.com/pumac/LIDAR_Lite_v3_Operation_Manual_and_...

Also, follow this guide for making correct connections/settings of Lidar Lite V3 with PixHawk running on ArduPilot firmware - https://www.lambdrive.com/depot/Robotics/Controller/Firmware/ArduPi...

Note - It works only with version V3.5.0

I tested on APM:Copter V3.5.0-rc6

For LidarLite v3 you must set RNGFND_TYPE = 15

I made a direct connection between lidar & pixhawk using I2C (without adding the capacitor but it is recommended as per the official manual) 

Hope it helps you.

LIDAR-Lite Rangefinder — Copter documentation
  • I'm having no luck with either of my LidarLiteV3 with ArduCopter - I've tried everything I can find about getting it to work. I'm wondering if either you can advise / provide small guide on what you did to make it work.

Thanks,

Ash

• The parameter descriptions in mission planner sometimes are not up to date it seems. If you check the full parameter list here and check the RNGFNDR parameters you can see type 15 is for lidar lite V3.

Daniel Carelli said:

Hi Martin, are you running the latest stable version of your firmware? I'm currently running ArduPlane 3.7.1 and I have no option to set RNDFND_TYPE to 15, LidarLiteV3-I2C. 

Martin said:

Late but worth adding. Had issues working out correct settings for mine too using I2C, but after getting some advice I set the RNGFND_TYPE parameter to 15 works straight away, address can be set to anything, it seems to be determined by the type parameter as well.

• Hi Martin, are you running the latest stable version of your firmware? I'm currently running ArduPlane 3.7.1 and I have no option to set RNDFND_TYPE to 15, LidarLiteV3-I2C. 

Martin said:

Late but worth adding. Had issues working out correct settings for mine too using I2C, but after getting some advice I set the RNGFND_TYPE parameter to 15 works straight away, address can be set to anything, it seems to be determined by the type parameter as well.

This reply was deleted.

Activity