Implementation of Kalman Filter using APM 2.0.

Hello,

I am currently working on APM 2.0 to implement Kalman filter using GPS and INS data using 9 by 9 state matrix,  [P_x,V_x,Pl_x,P_y,V_y,PI_y,P_z,V_z,PI_z]', where PI_x,PI_y, and PI_z represent platform tilt about x, y, and z axis.

A problem is that newly updated global matrices X and P are not transferred to next iteration although I defined those as global matrices.

As far as I tested, a single global variable which is defined before void setup() works well as a global variable in that the previous value of the variable is successfully transferred into next iteration.

Is there anyone who could shed some lights on me?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello Sunghun. 

Nice to see your interest on implementing Kalman filter on APM 2.0. Have you solved the problem of updating global variable?  I too have implemented 9 state Kalman filter for navigation and i did not faced any problem in updating global variables. I am getting good prediction of attitudes but if i enable measurement update part of filter the estimation give NAN. I guess that there is some problem while computing Kalman gain. Would you like to discussion with me to sort out this problem?

Sudesh K Kashyap

• Hi Sunghun,

Did you get solution to your problem ? If so could you tell me what as I am also working on Kalman filter using this board. Moreover, I wanted to know where in the code is kalman filter implemented in ArduPlane (or any Ardu code)..

Seeking your reply.

This reply was deleted.

Activity