Increasing flight time

Hello all!I'm currently using a 2200ma LiPo battery on board my craft. I'm getting 5 minutes of flying time. This is way to short for what I need it to do. I would love to get at least 15 minutes. Is that possible? 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Lower KV motors, bigger props, and the ESC's to drive them.

• @Nano -

With a 2kg quad, 11ah 4s battery, NX 4006 530kv motors, and APC 14x4.7 props,  I was getting a reliable 35 minutes of flight time in actual flying conditions.

The battery did cost $300 though.  Since I was carrying a lot of extra (non flight) batteries for the vTx and other components, you should expect similar results with less expensive (cheaper) batteries.

• Hello Arashi,

I have a 2.2Kg quad (with 4S 10,000) running the NX-4006 motors on Graupner 14x8 props, and despite all ESCs are properly calibrated, i find that the quad feels very low on power - i have to set the throttle mid point in APM (it ranges 300-700) to full 700 to maintain a steady hover at half stick! i seriously doubt my motors are putting 1+Kg thrust each!

any tips where to look? how did yours feel compared to mine?

thanks.

• Have a look to my post on that

http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/quadropter-flight-time-1
  • 100KM

Use a bigger battery and more powerfull motors at the right proportions to get your targeted flighttime.

What is your AUW? What motors, ESCs, and props are you using?

This reply was deleted.

Activity