Indoor Crash. AC 3.01 Help!

Hi,

I had a horrible indoor crash today after I armed my motors.

I was in stabilize mode, the quad changed direction towards one side and crashed into the wall, broke 2 props, 2 motor shaft bent. I have to check the 20Amp ESC's if they got burnt in the process due to over current :( Bled my arm in order to save the other two props!!

I had my GEO Fence ON. After I see the log, it shows has triggered a fail-safe (RTL) as I breached the fence? I am unable to interpret why this has happened? Outside, it flew like a charm the last time I flew.

Why did it breach the fence. It was supposed to be in Stabilize. No waypoints, simple indoor flight in STAB mode.

Subsystems/ Error codes:

9: Fence, ECode 2: circular fence breached

Log attached, any comments will be helpful

Thanks!

2013-08-18 16-43 13.log

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I was in Stabilize mode which must not use GPS in practice. I was in flight mode 0 (Stabilize) when i started.
    What i know is log will always note down gps readings irrespective of flight mode..only that a particular mode may not use it in code..
    Does this mean i cannot fly in the most primary mode indoors? Then this is not right?
  • Last summer I had a failsafe RTL @ 20M. Unfortunately, ceiling is <3m. I do get 12-14sats in my living room though.
  • I'm not an expert but from the log it looks like even though indoors your quad was still using GPS although with a really bad hdop. Its position was bouncing around.  If you plot the lat/long coordinates it moved quite a bit. It simply thought it moved beyond the circular fence you had enabled, and unfortunately it was armed.

If this is the case it highlights a danger with the fence enabled and poor GPS coverage. Maybe there should be a condition of a minimum hdop or number of satellites before the circular fence failsafe kicks in? And at the very least if doing indoor testing disable the fence failsafe!

This reply was deleted.

Activity