Hi,

Is there any software out there that can count a cattle head numbers? Like, I take a serie os pictures and put these pictures in a computer and a software counts the numbers based on image recognition? I don't need real time recognition... 

Thanks 

Views: 4468

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Would you mind sharing your dataset? I wrote a bird counting algorithm for use on a conservation mission I know I could adjust it to look for your cows. 

@William Shalar, Thx. I would appriciate if you can do some modifications for Cow counting. My input is a Geotiff Orthomosaic, or the input is a set of RGB still images (Nadir) from a drone.
I will performing it shortly. If you will send your email, I will send the dataset (which input do you prefer: Ortho or images) ?



DAVE BEHR said:

@William Shalar, Thx. I would appriciate if you can do some modifications for Cow counting. My input is a Geotiff Orthomosaic, or the input is a set of RGB still images (Nadir) from a drone.
I will performing it shortly. If you will send your email, I will send the dataset (which input do you prefer: Ortho or images) ?

I had a similar thought but how about building a drone with an RFID chip scanner and chipping the cattle. That way you can not only scan them but sought them out individually if they are sick or injured.

@Dave Behr We have a software solution for cattle counting that we are currently validating.  If you send me your photos or ortho, I can run it through and send you the result.

DAVE BEHR said:



DAVE BEHR said:

@William Shalar, Thx. I would appriciate if you can do some modifications for Cow counting. My input is a Geotiff Orthomosaic, or the input is a set of RGB still images (Nadir) from a drone.
I will performing it shortly. If you will send your email, I will send the dataset (which input do you prefer: Ortho or images) ?

@Shoshana Ginsburg could you send me a link or more information on your software for this?

@g Our software solution for feedlots is ready; our solution for pastureland is still in beta.  I attached a feedlot example.  Are you interested in feedlots or pastureland?  

g said:

@Shoshana Ginsburg could you send me a link or more information on your software for this?
Attachments:

@Shoshana Ginsburg. Pls. see the attached from Solvi. The input is Geotiff Ortho from drone images. What can you supply for cow counting ?

Attachments:

@Shoshana Ginsburg I am interested in your solution for feedlots. How can I access?

Shoshana Ginsburg said:

@g Our software solution for feedlots is ready; our solution for pastureland is still in beta.  I attached a feedlot example.  Are you interested in feedlots or pastureland?  

g said:

@Shoshana Ginsburg could you send me a link or more information on your software for this?

@g Our website, www.quanterrasoftware.com, will be up within the next week (or less).  In the meantime, you can go to quanterra.wetransfer.com and upload a sample image, which we will process for free.

g said:

@Shoshana Ginsburg I am interested in your solution for feedlots. How can I access?

Shoshana Ginsburg said:

@g Our software solution for feedlots is ready; our solution for pastureland is still in beta.  I attached a feedlot example.  Are you interested in feedlots or pastureland?  

g said:

@Shoshana Ginsburg could you send me a link or more information on your software for this?

@Dave Behr Our software is validated for feedlots; for pastures it is still in beta.  I attached a sample on a ranch.  Our website, www.quanterrasoftware.com, will be up within the next week (or less).  In the meantime, you can go to quanterra.wetransfer.com and upload sample images for us to process.

DAVE BEHR said:

@Shoshana Ginsburg. Pls. see the attached from Solvi. The input is Geotiff Ortho from drone images. What can you supply for cow counting ?

Attachments:
@g I have uploaded, via Wetransfer, an Ortho of Cows. Pls. check

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service