I was wondering why these files exist for Arducopter but not Arduplane, because I am putting custom code into the Arduplane software.  Can I create these files myself, or is there a better way to cleanly add my code to the project?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Zach,

I'm afraid the "User Hooks" is only implemented in copter.  You've probably already seen it but we have some developer information on the dev wiki although honestly, it's a bit out of date.  Sorry I can't be of more help.  You may also be able to get the attention of more devs by posting to the drones-discuss google groups email list.

• Thank you anyway.

It still should not be too hard to insert my own code right?  The hurdles I am facing are mainly compiling my own code in the existing files and getting used to the coding styles the developers used. I'm not used to C++ coding style in the Arduino environment.

• Developer

Zack,

I don't think it's that hard.  The easiest way is to add a new line to the list of scheduled tasks.  You should find the list maybe 1/3rd or 1/2 of the way down the ArduPlane.pde.  A screenshot of the list is also on this wiki page.

This reply was deleted.

Activity