UAV systems infringing in US 6370629

Folks - meet "Controlling Access to Stored Information" - US 6,370,629, and a snapshot of my brain in 1999 when I filed it originally. It is the culmination in a process which produces non-repudiated controls as digital evidence of some motion-object's actions in a real-virtual or ephemeral context. 

Here is the patent storm link or use PEAR at the PTO for a copy... 

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6370629.html 

We are now enforcing this against a number of cellphone, surveillance, weapons and UAV vendors and you should be hearing about this patent in the next few months allot. Dont worry the Brits were furious to review and find it covers the use and operations of BSFM (Ballistic Sensor Fused Munitions) which means their AF90 155mm GPS guided appliances infringe too. 

Anyway - I know its probably unnerving to hear about this here but hey it is what it is - and we are licensing our rights to use this IP to others. 

Contact me offlist for our lawyers' contact information if you are interested in this IP 

Todd Glassey

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I read the claims in the patent. It is about controlling access to information based on geographic position. So a moving vehicle could only gain access to information authorized for its current location for example.

Glassey came up with the BRILLIANT idea that you could use the GPS POSITION as part of an ENCRYPTION KEY to access a DATABASE thereby only allowing access to data for its current POSITION. WOW I bet nobody else could have thought of that. I wish him the best of luck selling this valuable IP. :-)

How this claim can be applied in any general way to UAV operations is beyond me.
  • Hmm, looks like a patent troll cruising to scare people into paying. This works quite often with businesses, but even if he had a claim, there's no-one to sue in an open-source project. I mean, who's getting paid for selling the IP?
  • All your base are belong to us.....
    Well I had no idea what it meant, but interesting choices of phrase he uses. Also wondered if this is the first application of a dodgy patent in the UAV field. I guess not. Currently interested in patents cos we have just entered into sorting one out, no I'm not telling you what for and its never been mentioned anywhere online so don't try looking! i realise it will be copied by China!
  • He claims that "non-repudiated controls as digital evidence of some motion-object's actions in a real-virtual or ephemeral context. "

But in
    http://www.informationweek.com/news/personal_tech/gps/showArticle.j...

he claims
    "Todd Glassey, chief scientist of Certichron, a time data trust service, and founder of the U.S. Time Server Foundation, argues that GPS devices can be easily jammed and that their data can be spoofed, particularly when tied to cellular systems -- as offender tracking bracelets may be."
    Futher on....
    "But constitutional considerations aside, Glassey maintains that L1 GPS data should not be admissible in court without some other form of corroborating evidence. He contends that the reliability claims made to the court by manufacturers of GPS tracking devices are misrepresentations."

So using L1 GPS by his own admission can be repudiated ,so his patent cannot apply to using it.
  • Hard to believe that a person who doesn't know the meaning of the word "allot" can come up with the string "culmination in a process which produces non-repudiated controls as digital evidence of some motion-object's actions in a real-virtual or ephemeral context."

Don't get me started on "Don't worry the Brits..."
  • 3D Robotics
    I have no idea what that means. Can you explain how "a process which produces non-repudiated controls as digital evidence of some motion-object's actions in a real-virtual or ephemeral context" applies to what people here do?
This reply was deleted.

Activity