100KM

JDrone's GPS3329 or 3DR's GPS3329 ?

Hi all

I need a replacement GPS, I LOVED the old "small" mtek GPS (this plus this) but 3DR is no longer selling them as a unit. The new "large" GPS units don't fit my model very well and I don't need a battery backup.

I've found this on JDrones site:

http://store.jdrones.com/jD_MediaTEK_GPS_p/jdmtek01.htm

Can anyone say if that unit is the same as this from 3DR, but just without battery backup?

Would I need to load new firmware to avoid the additional messaging or is it safe to fly like that out of the box?

Many thanks

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Looks the same as what I got with the original APM 2.5; it's fine, go for it if it suits. What "additional messaging" do you mean? You might want to update the firmware for it, instructions are here in the wiki.

Battery backup is pretty annoying to not have for most people, but if you don't want it... I can certainly say that that smaller GPS board benefits a lot from a better ground-plane, which V2 has (I've never tried this version). So IMO V2 is a better unit for most people. Can't figure out why jDrones removed the battery, just about every other 3329 variant has one, for good reason (oh wait...it's so they could sell you the battery later lol).

This reply was deleted.

Activity