Hey all,

Seems I've fried a battery :(

I have the charger and parallel board shown below.  Was planning on charging 3 batteries.  Plugged in the first 2 just fine, but plugging in the 3rd got a 'poof!'  One of the connectors came off the board, and the battery connectors are black'ish now.  One of the connectors from the board broke/melted off into the battery balance connection, so I can't even test the charge now.

What did I do wrong? I used the charger to charge 1 battery successfully.

20150409_081206.jpg

20150409_081146.jpg

20150409_081226.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Admin

@Byron,

The damaged fourth XT60 connector on the board appears to be physically reversed on the board compared to the other XT60 connectors on the parallel board. Therefore I suspect that when you connected the battery mating connector to that particular XT60 board connector it caused a reverse polarity voltage to be applied to the battery?

Regards,

TCIII AVD 

• I'm such a fool! It was obvious that it was going the opposite way, but I thought "Hey, I know jack s**** about batteries/chargers...so maybe it's supposed to be this way."  It's wasn't, and now I'm wondering why I didn't check the supplier page and see for myself that the connectors should all have been the same way!

-_-

Lesson learned.  Thanks Thomas!

This reply was deleted.

Activity