LAUNCHING FROM A MOVING BOAT, CAN IT BE DONE?

Hi Everyone,

Im pretty sure it cant be done but I thought i would put it out there anyway.  The boat is a 20-30ft fishing boat that will be out in open waters off the coast by about a mile or so. I am expecting the boat to be moving around a bit.

I have tried to simulate this by holding my tricopter in my hand and moving it a bit whilst plugging the battery in and arming it. It didnt go well. it wanted to be at about 90 degrees if i had let go.

Has anyone got any experience with this or have any thoughts on it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Alex

Oh yeh, also any news on ppm channel asigning for jr users. http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/frsky-ppm-setup-help-required-please?commentId=705844%3AComment%3A1148064

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• T3

why not put floats on it? Just use two two liter coke bottles or something, a little duct tape...good to go! Heck, I should use that for landing in the snow, I've gotten more speed controllers wet and then they fail! We really need a good way to waterproof (or least make resistant) our RC gear, especially the ESC's...I had a snowflake cause an ESC failure and put me into a tree this winter. At least I got it on video...

• This is more like a ship but just as risky,

Credit goes to Crudbucket a very inspiring and dedicated los/fpv pilot.

S

PS Safety note: People that catch or release quads from thier hands obviousy have not put in hours as the end of vid points out. These chipsets won't care if your shiney carbon props slice your face or arms up.

• Developer

The critical time is when the red-blue lights are flashing when you arm.  At that point it's calibrating the gyro center and it will keep trying to calibrate if it senses too much movement.  My guess is that if the boat is rocking too much it will take a long time to calibrate but once it does, i think it'll work.

• Yes it can, I launch my quads from the front deck of my Kayak all the time. I also launch from my hands once I spool up the tricopter or quad - just be careful and make sure you have it properly calibrated at home first before going on the boat. Can't calibrate it on the water, very difficult to do.

This reply was deleted.

Activity