just want to highlight our most recent developments on PenguPilot, a GNU/Linux based Multi-Rotor UAV Autopilot.
A Video with horizontal GPS position stabilization and vertical ultrasonic stabilization is avaliable here:
The whole control process is implemented in C under Linux (PREEMPT Kernel). The latest source code is available here:
IPC among C and Python processes is implemented via ZeroMQ and MessagePack/Protobuf.
could you tell approximate hardware setup for Gumstix Overo? It's hard to grasp completely from github repo which hardware you use with Overo. I mean sensors, etc.
- we use the 4 Timer/PWM outputs of the Gumstix for motor control using the OMAP3-PWM driver.
- Drotek MPU6050/MS5611 Sensor board is connected to the Gumstix's I2C Bus 3.
- Maxsomar I2CXL ultrasonic Sensor is connected to I2C bus 3 as well.
- LEA-6 GPS receiver is connected to ttyO0 (NMEA output at 115200 baud, 10Hz update rate)
- ACT DSL remote control receiver connected to ttyO2
- Current Sensor connected to ADC channel 7
- Voltage measured via ADC channel 2
- Internal WiFi of the Gumstix für SSH
gratulation zum gold im air race rennen!