Live video problems

I have been trying to get the live video overlay to work and have a couple problems. I am running win7 home with a dell xps laptop. If I use the built in web cam, the mission planner will slooooow down so much it is unuseable. The video will work but it has like a 6 sec delay and also slows down all displayed data. I have to click stop and wait like 2 minutes before it will catch up. Once the camera has stopped, everything works normal again. Looking at the system manager I am only using a fraction of the processor.

I also have a Avermedia tv card with composit in and it dosnt work at all. I get an error message "Camera Fail: there is no match for the specified key in the index"

Any ideas?

Smitty

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer
    i may have found an answer to this one. i got a easycap for myself, and odly enough it did not work. so the next planner version should work with those other devices that are not working currently.
  • Developer

Tassos,

you will need to give me a screen shot of graphview i think

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/GraphEdit
    you will need to add your capture device and then click on one of the pins and click render. and give me a screen shot.
    thats about the only way i can think of doing it.

Michael

• I also have a problem and need help displaying video on the mission planner. It freezes when trying to connect to the webcam and displays "camera fail: Unexpected error" when trying to connect to a usb capture device.

Both webcam and usb capture device work fine with HK GCS.

• Developer

The video trys playing at 15 fps. my guess is your laptop isnt fast enough.

as for the avermedia tv card. i cant comment, as i dont own one. any directshow compatible device should work.

This reply was deleted.

Activity